Swine FLU Prevention in Schools: To avoid spreading the infection advice staff and children not to attend school and interact with others who are infected with flu. Here are some preventive measures against swine flu in schools that can avoid the
Preventive measures against swine flu in schools: Some suggested actions are;
- Encourage good hygiene measures in the school among staff and students such as;
- frequent hand washing,
- cleaning of all surfaces (such as door handles, desks, hand rails, and computer keyboards), and
- use tissues to cover mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing.
- Vigilantly watch for pupils and staff with symptoms of swine flu and take appropriate measures to isolate them.
- To avoid spreading the infection, advice staff and children not to attend school and interact with others if they have flu like illness (fever, cough or sore throat, runny nose, body aches, headaches, chills, fatigue, vomiting and diarrhea). They should be encouraged to stay at home for at least 24 hours after their fever resolves.
- If a child becomes unwell at school, isolate them under proper supervision until his or her parent/guardian can come to collect them.
- Have additional staff in case of some members of the staff are down with flu like illness
School closure for prevention of swine flu is not recommended. The virus is widespread within the community and the students and staff will probably be repeatedly exposed to the virus in their everyday lives. Hence school closure will probably not prevent or slow the spread of the virus.
General distribution of antiviral medicines for prevention of swine flu is not recommended. The virus is widespread within the community and the students and staff will probably be repeatedly exposed to the virus in their everyday lives and will be at risk as soon as they have finished a course of antiviral medicine.
Read more articles on Swine Flu (H1N1) Prevention
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.