Consult your doctor if you have symptoms suggestive of any lesion or disease involving the spinal cord such as change in sensation (abnormal sensations) or loss of sensation in any part of the body, back pain, difficulty in walking, loss of bowel
Spinal cord tumour is the term used to indicate growth of cells (mass) in or surrounding the spinal cord. In many cases spinal tumours are diagnosed late as they are uncommon and symptoms of spinal tumour are caused by many other more common conditions. Prognosis of spinal tumours is better in cases with early detection and prompt management. If you have symptoms suggestive of any lesion or disease involving the spinal cord consult your doctor immediately.
Consult your doctor if you have one or more of the following symptoms suggestive of some serious medical condition:
- change in sensation (abnormal sensations) or loss of sensation in any part of the body
- feeling cold in the legs, fingers or hands,
- back pain which persists for more than a few days or is increasing in severity
- back pain that becomes more intense at night, on lying down, straining, coughing, and sneezing.
- pain in leg or back which is not relieved with pain medications.
- muscle weakness,
- progresses difficulty in walking
- faecal incontinence and urinary incontinence (i.e loss of control over bowel and bladder movement and continence), erectile dysfunction
Who to consult
Some health professionals who can be consulted to evaluate your symptoms include;
- General physicians
- Family doctor
- Physician assistants
These are some symptoms of suggestive of spinal tumours. If you have one or more of these symptoms it does not mean that you have spinal tumours. Many other medical conditions can cause these symptoms. Your doctor can evaluate to diagnose the cause of your symptoms and treat them accordingly.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.