Spa Treatments for Skin
Pamper your skin in the most luxurious way this season. While deciding upon a specific spa treatment you must essentially and foremost understand the quality and the temperament of your skin in various seasons. Treatment sessions include a wide range of choices that include anti-ageing treatments to tattoo removal techniques.
- After you have decided what treatment would suit your skin, look for skin specialists and experts who are licensed and certified. Every skin is different in texture and nature and a good spa expert will most definitely understand the complexities of your skin.
- Destination spas are usually getaways and have a schedule that stretches over a span of 24 hours (but it is never overnight) or for several weeks. It is usually packed with the concept of rest and relaxation and is handled by a group of massage therapists and aestheticians. Experts closely monitor what you eat and regulate the diet intake along with special skin-deep treatments where not only the face but the entire body is taken into account for an intensive skin care.
- Day spas are not licensed to perform any kind of medical treatments on the client that might include laser or other invasive procedures.
- Medical or med spas have been called a unique combination of luxury and healthcare. During these spa sessions, a physician is present in the room where the procedures performed are carefully monitored and instructed. Kaya skin clinic is a good example of a popular medical spa where the doctors monitor and guide the physician on the various uses of hydraulic peels and other medications decided after seeing the condition of the skin. These procedures are intensive and invasive to the skin and do include dermabrasion, photo rejuvenation, Botox, chemical peels and laser therapies for scar corrections, and stretch marks removal. Most medical spas also offer traditional beauty treatments as well. Apart from that, many day wellness spas are medically supervised to make the experience for clients more individualised and unique.
- Other traditional skin treatments such as facials, masks, body masks, scrubs, and skin wraps are useful for curing recurrent comedones on skin, dark patches and dehydrated skin. The use of seaweed, mud, salts and algae in required quantities depending on the cure and the skin type give best results in most cases. The skin usually feels tighter and smoother after every session of exfoliation and deep cleansing that these spas offer.
- Apart from pampering the skin, many spa salons offer deluxe services on pedicures and manicures.
Read more articles on Beauty Treatments & Body Surgeries.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jun 21, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.