Social media detox makes you feel mentally lighter by reducing stress. So let's know how to take breaks from this digital world from time to time.
Social media detox benefits: Depression is a disease that continues to be a matter of concern for the whole world today. About 3 out of 5 people are vulnerable to a stressful life. According to research, social media affects the brain and sleep cycle, causing people to suffer from depression today. According to the data, 75% of the youth below 25 years are vulnerable, primarily to social media. It is necessary to avoid this; hence, you must think about detoxing your social media effect. Only then you will be able to live a calm and healthy life.
First, know how to identify the symptoms of depression
- Lack of sleep
- Constantly changing mood, anxiety and apathy.
- Difficulty in getting up in the morning.
- Being tired and lethargic
- Loss of appetite due to overeating or vice versa
- Unprovoked pain and sprains in the body
- Increased consumption of alcohol, tobacco and caffeine
- Suicidal tendencies
What is social media detox?
Social media has become an essential part of everyone's life today (whether you want to use it for work, entertainment or any other reason). Some people feel more comfortable in front of the screen rather than expressing their feelings to each other (which has gradually become a habit). If you too have become social media addict, then you are in dire need of social media detox, which means joining reality. Now it is necessary that you avoid its effects and use it in minimum and limited quantity and interact more with people. Also, avoid being over-burdened with information.
Let us now tell you why social media detox has become essential in today's time
- Distance from loved ones: Nowadays, people give more importance to social media than spending time with friends and family, which is moves you towards depression. Not only this, but its excessive use is also taking them towards insecurity.
- Self-centred: People wait for likes and comments on social media, due to which they start becoming self-centred. This has an impact on their life as they begin expecting praise and expectation from the people around him.
- Excess information is also dangerous: You get the information you need on social media, which damages mental peace. More news, gossip and misinformation first lead to stress and then depression.
How to detox social media?
For this, you have to limit the use of social media. Use it only for 1-2 hours in a day or only when needed. Stay away from mobile while working. Spend more time with your friends, relatives, family and do exercises and yoga. Delete games and other unused apps. Apart from this, spend less time on sites like WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter.
Also read: Five Minute Therapy to Ward-Off Anxiety
Benefits of social media detox
- You will get better sleep (according to your sleep pattern).
- This will reduce stress and will also relieve unnecessary headaches.
- The mind will be calm, and you will feel energetic.
- Self-confidence will increase, and you will be able to spend more time with family and friends (which will not spoil your relationship either).
Read more articles on Mind and Body
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.