While traveling by road it is essential to take certain safety precautions in order to prevent and minimize the risks of accidents. It still you get stuck in to any weird situation then try to stay calm and look for assistance.
The most unfortunate thing to happen during traveling is any mishap or accident. To make the travel experience more memorable, one must follow safety measures and minimise any risks of accidents.
If you are traveling by road then go through the below mentioned safety measures and implement them –
- Inspect your car’s condition and check for proper tire inflation.
- Inspect belts and hose. If your car has turned old then get them replaced.
- To avoid tread separation and blowouts check for proper tire inflation.
- Check car battery and change if you think it’s coming of age.
- Inspect hoses and belts. Get them replaced if your car is a little old.
- Wear seat belts to eliminate accidents.
- Keep an emergency kit handy. It must have basic tools such as screwdriver, car jack, pliers, bottle of water, compass, duct tape, extra clothes, flashlight, first-aid kit, map, phone number of emergency road side assistance program.
- Take rest after every 30 minutes if you feel drowsy.
- Do not drive if you’re drunk.
- Play some music in the car – not too loud though.
- Maintain the speed. Do not try to fly while on road.
- Do not stuff the car with people. It is an easy distraction.
- Look forward to your holiday destination.
If you’re riding a motorcycle with your gang then wear helmets and carry travel kit.
Take care of children
- Children can behave cranky while traveling. Observe them closely and keep them within close vicinity.
- Remind them to stay close to you.
- Get them vaccinated before travel.
- Keep them away from water if at beach. Even if they know how to swim, it’s far better to hold them away from water except when you take them with you.
- While on road and inside the car, make sure they don’t pop out their heads from car windows.
- Beware of dogs and other animals. They might scare animals who could possibly attack back on sensing any danger.
If you get stuck in the vehicle, maintain your cool and wait for assistance. Do not panic, come what may.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.