Practice Bikram Yoga Regularly to Reduce Stress
You can reduce stress with Bikram Yoga which comprises of 26 steps for managing stress. It will help increase the supply of oxygenated blood to all parts of your body. The guidelines for reducing stress in Bikram Yoga help you in spiritual, physic
- Bikram Yoga increases the movement of oxygenated blood throughout your body
- Included in Bikram Yoga is also highly effective in releasing everyday stress
- Pranayam and kapalbhati enhance concentration and focus
Bikram yoga comprises of 26 yoga asanas that serve as a powerful antidote to stress. Most health and emotional problems are caused due to chronic stress. And, Bikram yoga energises the mind and the body, reduces stress and imparts a holistic feeling.
Stress can be effectively managed through a series of breathing exercises developed under Yoga. Health clubs in big cities to small towns offer yoga classes to teach breathing techniques, meditation and correct postures. Read the following guidelines to reduce stress with Bikram Yoga:
- Practice Bikram Yoga to increase the movement of oxygenated blood throughout your body.
- Regular practice of these strenuous exercises can help lower heart rates, lower blood pressures, lower levels of cholesterol, and will help you sleep well at night
- Through Bikram yoga, cortisol hormone or stress hormone is expelled from of the body. It also allows superior functioning of the lymphatic system that flushes out the toxins from the bloodstream and rejuvenates the body. Henceforth, before and after each session, it is advisable to drink plenty of water
- In a sequential order, each yoga asana is designed to release tension in muscles and the mind. Body is made to relax by stimulating the pressure points
- The controlled breathing exercises of Bikram yoga such as pranayama and kapalbhati enhance concentration and focus. Bikram Yoga teaches how to breathe and remain calm in strenuous situations. Prefer full, cleansing breaths as deep breathing is more powerful in countering stress. The breathing exercises are perfect to release tension, eliminate stress, and relax and promote sound sleep
- Meditation included in Bikram Yoga is also highly effective in releasing everyday stress and making you calmer. Bikram Yoga also teaches how to focus on the current moment. This helps you get rid of anxiety, depression, and other negative emotions
When you start practising Bikram yoga, ensure that the room temperature is 40-degree Celsius and the ambience is conducive to practising yoga.
Bikram yoga is the perfect relaxation technique to reduce stress, derive better mental clarity. By practising it regularly, you can encourage spiritual, physical and psychological rejuvenation.
Read more articles on Yoga.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Feb 26, 2018
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.