A diet must always be defined well in accordance with the needs of the body. In case of psoriasis arthritis diet, the following points must be kept in mind to keep the disease at bay:
- The diet must be balanced and made with fats, carbohydrates, minerals, proteins and such other nutrients essential for the proper growth and development of the body.
- Different kinds of vegetables must be consumed to incorporate the various nutrients in the body.
- Omega-3 fatty acids must always precede saturated and unsaturated fats. While the former has the benefit of keeping inflammation under check, the latter is equally harmful.
- Taking small meals at regular intervals is advisable to keep away fatigue and tiredness.
- Salt and sugar must be reduced.
- Vitamin C is also essential and is found in citrus fruits.
- Also, red meat, potatoes and eggplant can be good for health.
- Turmeric and ginger have anti-inflammatory properties and must, therefore, be used in the preparation of the diet.
- Significant amount of water must be had to keep the body well hydrated.