Diabetes is also known as sugar disease. The reason for this is that due to diabetes, the amount of sugar (glucose) in the blood of the patient increases so much that their body parts start having trouble working. Sometimes due to increased blood sugar, vital parts of the body get damaged. Your diet has a significant role in controlling diabetes because the sugar level rises in the body only by eating and drinking. Stunning medicinal properties are found in many plants present in nature. Banana is also a similar tree, whose fruit is not only beneficial, but its leaves, stem and flowers are also considered very helpful. According to the research, such ingredients are found in banana flower, which can be very beneficial for diabetes patients. You can even eat raw banana flower and can make many different dishes from it. Let us tell you why a banana flower is beneficial in diabetes and how to eat it.
Why is banana flower beneficial in diabetes?
- According to research conducted in 2011, the banana flower has been found beneficial in controlling blood sugar in diabetes patients. This research was done on diabetic rats, whose weight was very high, and there was a lot of sugar in their blood and urine. The study found that the consumption of banana flowers significantly reduced the blood sugar levels in the body of these mice.
- Similarly, another research conducted in 2013 found similar results. The National Center did this research for Biotechnology Information. According to this research, the consumption of banana flower reduces the formation of a particular type of protein in the patient's body, which is known to promote sugar.
Banana flower is the panacea for type 2 diabetes patients
More than 80% of diabetes cases worldwide are of type 2 diabetes. People with type 2 diabetes are usually the ones with the sedentary lifestyle. If you are also a diabetic patient, then the banana flower is the panacea treatment for you. The reason for this is that banana flower not only decreases the amount of sugar in your body but also reduces your weight, lowers cholesterol and keeps the stomach healthy.
Other benefits of banana flower
- Consumption of banana flower increases blood in the body because it is found to have a reasonable amount of iron. Eating it increases the haemoglobin in the body.
- Banana flower controls insulin, so blood sugar control is maintained by its use.
- You can also get rid of stress and anxiety by eating dishes made of the banana flower because it contains the right amount of magnesium, which acts as an anti-depressant for the body.
- Consumption of this flower is beneficial for the stomach, as it is easily digested.
- Banana flower is also considered beneficial in preventing heart diseases as it protects the body from free radicals and reduces the amount of cholesterol.
How to consume banana flower?
You can also eat raw banana flowers because they are soft and digestible, so there is no problem in eating them raw. Apart from this, you can also make many types of dishes from the banana flower, such as - banana flower vegetable, which can be made both dry and gravy. This vegetable is delicious and nutritious. You can also eat banana flower as a salad. Apart from this, you can also grind this flower and eat it by making the sauce.
Read more articles on Diabetes