According to the recent study, children who are obese are at a higher risk of asthma.
According to the recent study, children who are obese are at a higher risk of asthma. The study focuses on the increase in number of cases of asthma in children who are obese.
The findings of the study showed 23 to 27 percent of new asthma cases due to obesity. The study also concluded that the incidence of an asthma diagnosis is significantly higher in children who are obese than those who are at a normal weight. The study was published in the journal- Paediatrics. More than 5,00,000 children were analysed medically for the study.
"Paediatric asthma is among the most prevalent childhood conditions and comes at a high cost to patients, families and the greater health system," said co-author Terri Finkel from Nemours Children's Hospital in Orlando.
"There are few preventable risk factors to reduce the incidence of asthma, but our data show that reducing the onset of childhood obesity could significantly lower the public health burden of asthma," Finkel added.
The research also stated that obesity also increases the severity of the disease in children.
Ways to prevent obesity in children
- Do not give snacks and drinks with extra sugar to your kids
- Avoid foods with unhealthy fat
- Do not give sweets as a reward to children
- Make their favourite dish healthier
- Eliminate unhealthy snacks and give them healthier options
- Make them do some physical activity in a day
- Avoid distractions from the dining table like television
- Give them food rich in fiber like green leafy vegetables, whole grains, and legumes
- Do not force your child to eat if they are full
Read more articles on Health News.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth app.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.