We may not know too much about liver functioning, but it holds a lot of importance for our normal body functions. From metabolism of fat, protein, and carbohydrates to blood detoxification and purification, liver performs many such essential functions. These activities are very vital to maintain normality of the body system and hence there is quite a stress on the liver. Not taking care of its health can be negative. Increasing stress, changing and generally bad food habits and lifestyles that we have been adapting cause liver diseases.
In fact, many weight related, cardio-vascular diseases, hormonal, cancers are also related to liver. Processed food, alcohol, and presence of additives and pesticides are important cause build-up of more toxins in our body, affecting liver health. Thus, the emergence of organic food is also on the rise. People are trying to be health conscious in every sense of the word yet we need to have proper knowledge to keep our liver healthy in order to keep its dependent function adequately going. And naturopathy is one of the most suggested ways to keep your body toxin free or at least decrease toxin build up.
Also Read: What Is Liver Cirrhosis? Know Its Causes, Symptoms and Prevention
Why Naturopathy for Liver?
Naturopathy as the name suggests is the natural cure, which employs naturally available products and practices. The practice is centuries old and is still adopted to heal many ailments. Liver as it is exposed to and is involved in purification process, naturopathy for liver is suggested for its disorders.
The purpose of naturopathy is to heal the disease along with its root cause. Hence, not just the treatment of a specific organ or its problem will be taken care of, but also other things involved in its evocation or magnification will also be addressed. Adapting naturopathy in general is a good way to improve our liver health, given the lifestyle we conduct. But one should have proper knowledge and consultation before starting a new diet, especially when you have a pre-existing ailment.
Here is how you can maintain a Healthy Liver
Apple Cider Vinegar- The fat accumulated in the liver is worked upon through apple cider, hence reducing the body fat. This is how weight loss is also enabled with apple cider consumption. It also plays a role in reducing inflammation.
- Lemons- Lemon works as a neutralizer for the body by inducing production of glutathione. Being rich in vitamin C, it protects the liver from oxidative damage too. Hence, lemon water in the morning is suggested.
- Beetroot- Its juice is said to have preventive effects on fat deposition in the liver and protects from oxidative damage too.
- Amla- Another good source of vitamin C and antioxidants, gooseberry or amla is a potent remedy for fatty liver
- Green Tea- Already a source of antioxidant, it helps body in many ways. For liver, the catechins of the green tea help in preventing non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Grapes and Grape seed extract- Lowering inflammation is an important role of grapes. Antioxidant stress is managed through the resveratrol present in the black red and purple grapes
- Turmeric- An age old, most trusted ways to boost immunity, is also good for improving fat digestion of liver. In fact, it also prevents the fat accumulation.
- Cruciferous vegetables- Broccolli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, are helpful in natural detoxification. Being also a good source of vitamins, minerals and fibres, they are also said to have preventative effects for cancer of liver, bladder, colon, stomach.
- Papaya- During fatty liver condition, the dietary fats get accumulated which can be burned through the consumption of papaya and its seeds.
- Pear- Pectin of the pear helps in assisting liver for digesting fats; it also protects the liver from alcohol damage and reduces inflammation
- Berries- One of the highest sources of antioxidants, they protect the liver damage and improve its overall immunity
Also Read: What Is Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Syndrome? Know Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
Fatty liver disease is one of the major problems of liver associated with obesity, diabetes, and alcohol consumption. Along with adopting naturopathic products mentioned, alcohol consumption has to be shunned. Naturopathy is a good way to clean your liver as well as effective for maintaining overall good health, with absolutely no use of artificial additives or processed foods. Choice of foods can be based on our likes and dislikes also yet a proper consultation is suggested to avoid any side-effect.
Read more articles on Mind & Body