Asthma occurs due to blockage in the air passage resulting in shortage of breath, pain in the chest, coughing and wheezing. Though there are medications to prevent an asthma attack, it can be prevented naturally also by making some changes in the lifestyle.
Natural methods of preventing asthma are easy to perform, free of cost and do not have any side effects:
- Avoid smoking, both active as well as passive. Smoking causes irritation in the lungs, thus initiating an asthma attack.
- Avoid the usage of strong perfumes, shampoos, deodorants and sprays. They can act as triggers for an asthma attack.
- Stay away from dust and smoke as much as possible. Keep your house dust free. Always put a cloth on your nose and mouth while going out or travelling
- Stay away from insects, especially cockroaches as they trigger asthma attack
- Humidity also triggers asthma. Humidity results in mites that cause an asthma attack. So remove humidity from your place by the use of dehumidifiers and exhaust fans. Keep the windows open to have proper air ventilation and to remove excess moisture in the air
- Eat food items rich in magnesium as they clear the air blockages, thus relaxing the breathing. Foods high in omega 3 are also considered useful in improving the lung functioning
- Drink as much water as you can to keep your system hydrated. Avoid high chlorinated water as chlorine triggers asthma attack
- Take good amount of Vitamin D. Vitamin D is believed to suppress any asthma attack
- Garlic and turmeric are effective herbal cure of asthma
- Stay well covered during cold. Protect yourself in cold - cover your chest, mouth and throat and try to remain warm as much as possible
- Use of herbs such as Ginseng helps to reduce any swelling in the bronchial tubes, thus decreasing the chance of an asthma attack
- Intake of Vitamin C and Vitamin E lowers down your chances of getting an asthma attack. These vitamins fight against the free radicals produced during an asthma attack
- Try to stay away from any stress as stress causes breathlessness which finally results in asthma
There is no complete cure of asthma, but its occurrence can be easily avoided. By following the ways above mentioned one can prevent the onset of asthma naturally and effectively.
Read more articles on Asthma Prevention.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth App.