Monsoon Skin and Hair Care Tips
Pay special attention to thes monsoon skin and hair care tips for a beautiful you!
Your skin might behave a little strange and is often full of popping pimples. It takes no time to get oily, dehydrated, rough and as scratchy as cactus. Hence, following are a few of the skin tips that one must follow.
- Use a non-soapy cleanser that will wash away all kind of dirt from your skin. Please don’t be mad after every face-wash which guarantees to be a product of some or the other kind of leaf extract, always use one which contains alpha hydroxyl acid once a day to rejuvenate your skin.
- It is essential to make use of a toner every time you wash your face to block the pores and reinstate your skin's pH balance.
- Ice packs must be used not only for the chill-effect but also for toning sebum glands.
- Heavy makeup should get thumbs down from you. The lighter you go on your makeup, the more you’ll be able to enjoy the weather.
- Pedicures and manicures should be your ultimate friend.
- Make use of face scrubs twice in a week to exfoliate. Oatmeal and papaya can be the best food-based choice.
- Don't give a kick to the sunscreen lotion during the rainy season.
Taking Care of your Tresses
Want to flaunt your tresses? Well hide them now, flaunt them later. Monsoon calls for pony tail look. Less they are exposed to harsh humidity in the air, the better.
- Use the right kind of comb.
- To avoid hair breakage comb your hair starting from the bottom and working your way up. This encourages the blood to stream towards the root and helps in keeping your scalp free of dandruff
- Make sure that your hair is fully wet before you apply shampoo and use only warm water for this. Using hot water could potentially damage your hair and irritate your scalp.
- Squeeze out some shampoo approximately the size of a one rupee coin, rub it between your palms and gently massage it into your hair starting at the roots and gradually massaging down to the tips.
- Conditioners will require you to use different methods depending on the type you are using. For instance, if it’s a rinse-out conditioner then you can follow the same procedure as you do while shampooing. As for a deep conditioner, you must keep it in your hair for fifteen to twenty minutes. To maximise the benefits of the deep conditioners, it is advised that you wrap a warm towel around your hair for the duration that you wait. If you are using a leave-in conditioner then try not to use more than a dime-sized amount.
Follow these tips for a beautiful you during monsoons!
Read more articles on Beauty and Personal Care
Image source: Sakhi
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jul 07, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.