The secret behind staying healthy during seasonal changes is to have a rich and balanced diet. Follow these tips for a healthy transition
Today, the young generation has understood the secret behind the fitness and glowing skin of their ancestors. When times the season changes, it is common for the younger generation to get certain illnesses due to lack of proper diet. Also, they have realised that diseases like cancer, diabetes, and hypertension are due to their lifestyle and because of being extra picky in vegetables and fruits. Thus it is in their own hands to avoid these health issues and lead a healthier life.
As per the studies and health experts, in achieving a level of fitness, 80% of the contribution is of food in-take while the workout plans do the rest of the 20%. Thus eating the right kind of food, the correct quantity of food and the right time becomes essential to understand and also to tackle seasonal health hazards. The onset of winters is the best time for everyone, except for some get gloomy. Interestingly, our body demands are different depending upon the season, and so are the food items. It is essential to know about seasonal fruits & vegetables as they are best suited to the body and will help you stay fit & healthy.
- Peaches: Abundant in antioxidants with Vitamin A, B & C, peaches help to eliminate toxins from our system while improving our skin and vision. Being a fruit with high fibre, it can help in weight loss. It is also known to be a fruit of calmness due to its ability to relieve stress & anxiety.
- Pears (Nashpati): Pear is a soft & sweet fruit with a fibrous centre. This humble fruit is packed with benefits which include mental health, antioxidants, bone health amongst a few. Pears are high for weight loss, diabetes, hypertension, heart diseases, etc.
- Cherries: Sweet or sour, this one fruit is filled with nutrients. Cherries will help you reduce blood uric acid levels and aid in relieve muscle pain, regulate sleep and gives you glowing skin. Also, vitamin C rich cherries can keep you away from infections this season.
- Jamun: This fruit is low on calories and one of the staples during the summer season. It consists of nutrients like iron, folate, potassium & vitamins, which help in relieving stomach pain and is suitable for a diabetic patient.
- Plum: It is a beautiful, juicy fruit that comes in a variety of colours. This fruit will help you treat all your digestive problems, fight cancer cells, and improve blood circulation.
- Lauki (Bottle Gourd) is excellent for weight loss as it’s rich in fibre. It keeps the body hydrated for the rich water content in it. Further, it has iron content and is rich in Vitamin C, helping in antioxidative actions.
- Karela (Bitter Gourd) mostly known for a not so pleasant taste has benefits we can’t resist. Rich in vitamin C, it helps us stay fit while boosting immunity.
- Parwal (Pointed Gourd): Seasonal changes are all about cold, cough and other problems. Parwal is an excellent remedy for these as it helps in the prevention of these. It helps in boosting the immune system as it is rich in Vitamin A and C.
- Baingan (Brinjal) Being rich in fibre, potassium, vitamin B-6 and phytonutrients like flavonoids, this vegetable lowers the risk of heart disease. The presence of antioxidants keeps your arteries healthy and prevents heart attack making it a perfect monsoon vegetable.
- Okra (Bhindi): Also known as lady finger, it helps to lower total cholesterol levels, improve digestive health, improve vision, boost skin health, protect infant health, prevent certain cancers, strengthen bones, improve cardiovascular health, aid the immune system, lower blood pressure, and protect heart health.
Read more articles on Healthy Diet
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.