Pubic hair oiling has become popular lately but is it safe to tame female pubic hair growth? Get the answer in this article.
Ladies, hair around the pubic area needs your attention as much as the hair at other body areas does. Grooming them is equally important as pubic area is highly sensitive and hair growth can cause vaginal infection. While it is suggested to remove pubic hair at regular intervals, it is a personal choice whether you want to shave them off or not. Some women don’t like to groom them for various reasons such as negligent growth. Most women like to get them cleaned as it looks gross(we all agree to that). Pubic hair is a part of menstrual hygiene as it may affect the discharge and can create more trouble for you. This menstrual hygiene day, we would like to get your attention towards a raging topic which is- pubic hair oiling. Many women are trying this but is oiling pubic hair safe? Let’s find out.
Hollywood actress Emma Watson talked about her intimate hygiene care and revealed that she uses a pubic hair oil made with a special blend of oils including tea tree oil, jojoba oil, grape seed oil and sage oil. After this revelation, countless women get their hands on this oil to soften their pubic hair as well as ingrown hair. Most women do not even know the purpose of pubic hair grooming but they just sail in the trends. Since most users claimed to have got results with pubic hair oil, it needs to be examined.
Is oiling pubic hair safe?
The majority of the women these days get their pubic hair shaved or waxed to keep the intimate area clean and maintain menstrual hygiene with right menstrual products. Therefore, they do not need such oils. Only women who prefer to not tame their pubic hair are supposed to use this oil to soften them. As we all know pubic hair is comparatively thick and hard as other body parts. Pubic hair oil is supposed to soften them a bit or condition them.
Pubic Hair Oil Pros
- The skin around the pubic area can get rough. This oil helps in treating skin dryness and makes the skin soft. This means pubic oil is not only useful for pubic hair but also for the skin.
- Oiling the pubic area may also prevent skin infections like folliculitis by keeping the area moist and greasy.
- Also, women who shave their pubic hair can also use oil to moisturize their skin and prevent it from becoming rough and scaly.
- Applying such oils after bathing would ease vaginal discomfort for the entire day. If your vagina itch, try these home remedies for vaginal itching.
In a nutshell, it is safe to oil pubic hair but only with a non-greasy and odourless oil. It is better to use only natural oils. It is completely a woman’s call if she wants to do it or not.
But there are some conditions or say limitations.
- Oiling is safe doesn’t mean you can use any or every oil to tame your pubes.
- Using regular hair oils or hair conditioners to condition pubic hair is unsafe. This may cause health issues.
- Greasy hair oils can cause bacteria and infection buildup in your intimate area. Therefore, it is necessary to use only a non-greasy oil(also, without any fragrance).
- Do not consider hair care products for intimate health.
- Better to consult a gynaecologist for the right intimate hygiene products.
Read More in Women's Health
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.