Low Blood Pressure during Pregnancy
- Is hypertension or high or low blood pressure, a serious problem in pregnant women
- Know the causes and risk factors of abnormal blood pressuree in pregnancy
- Read about the symptoms and treatment you need to consider
When a woman is pregnant, she often gets worried about the slightest things including a mild feeling of vertigo. Truth be told, one should be careful but not worried all the time. Here are some things a pregnant woman should be careful of.
Unlike hypertension or high blood pressure, a woman suffering from low blood pressure during pregnancy is not a matter of great concern for the health of the mother or the baby.
Causes and Risk Factors
- Insufficient intake of fluids can cause dehydration affecting the flow of blood.
- Lying down, sitting and standing positions for a long duration can affect blood flow. Pregnancy causes blood to pool in your legs and lower half of the body in order to sufficiently provide flow of nutrients to the fetus.
- Being outdoors in hot and humid conditions can cause low blood pressure.
- Vision problems.
Low blood pressure may or may not need any medical aid as it can be solved with simple measures such as:
If it is caused due to dehydration, more intakes of fluids should be taken along with intravenous fluids as per doctor’s advice.
- Regular medium paced exercise as per doctor’s advice.
- Avoiding jerky movements or sudden change of positions.
- Slight increased intake of salt may help.
Read more articles on Pregnancy.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth app.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 14, 2018
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.