Hobbies to Keep your Heart Happy
- Understand Heart Health
- Inculcate some healthy habits and keep boredom out of your life
- Keep your heart happier with these great ways to unwind
Stressed out and bored? It is the right time to listen to what your heart wants. Sedentary lifestyle not only causes lack of motivation but also creates space for stress and other lifestyle diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, rising cholesterol levels and heart attacks. Therefore, one should learn to de-stress and regain balance in their social lives. Here are a few fun-filled hobby-ideas in which you can keep your heart happy:
- Pack your bags and leave the city! Travelling is something that one often loses track of or forgets in their daily grind. The best possible getaways are where you lack any mobile connectivity. Sparsely inhabited hill stations or some village in the countryside can help you relax considerably. The key is to take a break when you think you do not have the time for it. The most essential tips are to coordinate it with your friends and family and make a plan that is not less than a week. This trip should ideally happen every six to ten months. Now, while you are travelling, do not forget to pack your camera and give some quality time to photography, if you are passionate about it. The best clicks can find some space in your drawing room walls.
- When was the last time you enjoyed cooking? Filling your stomach every night makes your appetite and cooking, both a very tedious responsibility. Get hold of some recipes, push that laptop away on weekends and indulge in some baking or cooking. If you are a chef at heart, then invite a couple of your friends and let the feasting begin. If you are an amateur cook, then all the more better. Nothing like cooking and tasting your own dish.
- Join a dance class and jazz it away. This is a great investment to keep your heart happy while you master some moves. Also, burning a few calories will be an added benefit. Dancing is all about expressing yourself and being a more confident you without being judged. So go ahead. Wear those jazz shoes and hit the streets. The adrenaline rush is sure to keep your heart happy in the long run. Do not be surprised if you find yourself looking forward to your next dance class.
- Nothing beats the feeling of caring. Caring for plants or animals is the next best possible way of keeping the heart happy while you unwind yourself to a great extent. Visit a pet care centre or buy some new saplings and help them grow. This brings in positive energy and soothes your nerves immensely.
- Have fun with colours. Paint your favourite wall or fill a blank canvas with colours—doodling can always give you a high. If you are not that experimental, then paint a few flower pots or your coffee mug with your favourite colours and indulge in the moment. Paint patterns or the first thing that comes to your mind.
- Listen to some of your favourite music. If you cannot remember the last song you downloaded or the last tune you hummed, then it is some serious setback to your heart. Invest in some good quality speakers or headphones and let the music drown your thoughts.
Now keep your heart happier with these great ways to unwind.
Read more articles on Understand Heart Health.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth app.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 14, 2018
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.