Leukorrhea actually the combination of secretions from the cervix and vagina, dead skin cells and normal vaginal bacterial flora.
Leucorrhoea: Vaginal Discharge is a common occurrence in women who menstruate and its arrival is as early as a few months before your period which generally starts during puberty. Similarly, Vaginal Discharge usually terminates after menopause. With vaginal discharge, a woman’s body averts all the distressing fluid and cells from the body that are unwanted.
- Leucorrhoea is a vaginal discharge that is usually white, greenish or slightly yellow.
- Normal Discharge is typically white with a slight smell and might change its consistency as per menstrual cycle.
- Abnormal Discharge might be yellow, green or grey and can make you feel itchy. It also has a very strong foul smell. A discharge turns to unusual due to the existence of yeast or bacteria.
- Vaginal Yeast Infection is usually accompanied by a white discharge, redness, pain, soreness, burning sensations and inflammation.
Causes of Leucorrhoea
- Indulgence in unprotected sexual contact with a partner
- The presence of bacteria of yeast, bacteria or fungi in the vagina can create havoc in the vaginal health
- Pregnancy is also a contributing factor to the condition
- Itchiness due to external contraceptive used
- Consumption of contraceptive pills or birth control pills as they harmfully disturb the reproductive cycle of the women
- Lack of indulgence in caressing intimate needs and hygiene. Women must clean their vagina at least twice a day and change their sanitary napkins every six hours.
- Urinary Tract Infections are also a host to problems like these
- Diabetes or Anaemia can also result in the Leucorrhoea
- Consuming antibiotics, steroids and other heavy dosages of medicines
Symptoms of Leucorrhoea
Some of the symptoms of Leucorrhoea could be unwanted fatigue, headaches, stomach pain, untimely excruciating pain in the abdominal region and itching around the genital area.
Treatment of Leucorrhoea
It is usually advised by doctors to take over the counter medicines. But it is highly advised to take them after consulting a doctor.
Also, one should wash their vagina with a Baking Soda as it naturally balances the pH level of the vagina while preventing yeast infections in the body. One should even avoid using Artificially Scented Soaps and Intimate Products as they impede the health of the vulva. Additionally, to deal with the soreness, itching and burning sensations during the yeast infections, it is important to use a Cold Water Compressor. Lastly, one should avoid douching as it removes some of the normal bacteria and microorganisms from the vagina that safeguard the vagina against yeast infection.
Read more articles on Women's Health.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.