Know why you must exercise with your dog
Exercising with dogs is beneficial for both the pet owner as well as the dog. This article gives you details and tips to exercise with your dog.
- Your dog can add fun element to your exercise regime.
- Exercising with dog isn’t just good for you but it benefits your dog as well.
- Avoid exercising during the hottest part of the day.
Why to exercise with your dogLack of physical activity is a fact of modern life for both the humans as well as the canines. Both need to exercise, below mentions are some reasons why you should exercise with your dog.
Benefits of exercising with dog
Some recent studies have come up with link between pet ownership and better health. According to researchers pet (such as dogs) become stimulus for exercise. As a result pet owners tend to have better cardiovascular fitness level than individuals without pets. Walking or running with your dog can also:
- Give you a thorough cardiovascular workout.
- Help you to be in shape.
- Help to boost your mood.
- Lowers your blood pressure.
- Strengthen bond with your pet.
- The best part of exercising with your dog is that, you will be motivated to exercise regularly. Your dog will constantly bug you to stay on your to stay on routine. Can you say no to your adorable pug!
Your dog can add fun element to your exercise regime. Even on the days when you are not feeling to exercise you can play with your dog. Simple games and adventurous walks with your dog can burn many calories.
Benefits of exercise to your dog
Exercising with dog isn’t just good for you but it benefits your dog as well. Experts are of view that around 35 percent of pets are overweight. This can increase risk of many serious health ailments such as diabetes, heart diseases arthritis, and respiratory problems in dogs. Exercises in the form of running and walking, helps him to expend the energy while controlling the weight. In addition, exercise also keeps lungs, joints, heart, circulatory and digestive system healthy.
Another great benefit of exercise is that it keeps unnecessary behaviour of dog under control. Physical workout calms the hyperactivity and anxiety of dogs and prevents the destructive biting, digging and chewing. After all, a tired dog is a good dog.
Tips for exercising with dogs
- Avoid exercising during the hottest part of the day. In summers, make sure that both of you walk in grassy areas. This will help avoid burning sensation in dog’s paw.
- Talk to your physician and veterinarian before starting exercise regime with your dog. Ask them about the type of exercises beneficial for both of you.
- Make sure to inspect your dog’s paws after every walk.
- In winters, consider having your dog wear booties.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Sep 22, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.