Kansa Vatki Ayurvedic massage is a relaxing therapy that helps in balancing the mind and body by stimulating marma points.
Ayurveda is a treasure for holistic health. It has a solution for almost all health problems that a person may encounter. With a history of over 5,000 years, this ancient system allows us to lead a mentally-sound, healthy and disease-free life. It has got a wide range of healing techniques to achieve physical, mental and psychological health benefits. You name the problem and Ayurveda offers a solution for it.
Massaging is a powerful practice for relaxation and holistic wellness. It stimulates the nerves and betters blood circulation to treat the root cause of almost all health issues. It requires a lot of practice to perfect massaging skills, especially in an Ayurvedic massage.
The Ayurvedic Kansa Vatki Foot Massage
Kansa Vatki foot massage is a massaging technique carried through Kansa Vatki whose Hindi meaning is ‘Metal Bowl’. This metal bowl is made with 3 metals- copper, zinc and tin. These metals are known for their health benefits:
- Copper- Fights inflammation to reduce pain
- Zinc- Strengthens the immune system and aids digestion
- Tin- Helpful in alleviating the symptoms of insomnia, headaches and improving digestion.
This bowl is rubbed onto the feet to stimulate the aforesaid functions.
This relaxing treatment is done on the feet but provide benefits to the mind and body. Those who think foot massage is beneficial only for feet and legs would be surprised to know that this therapy brings balance to the entire system from head to toe. This is a unique treatment to stimulate the vital nerves than terminate to the feet.
How Is The Kansa Vatki Massage Carried Out?
- This is a 45-minute massage which involves cleaning, exercising, massaging and relaxing.
- The first step in Kansa Vatki foot massage is cleaning the feet and legs both. Cleansing the skin to eradicate dirt and dust is very important before starting off with the massaging procedure. Next up, you would be required to do some feet and leg exercises.
- The emphasis is on the marma or acupressure points which are known to balance the chakras. There are about 107 acupressure points in the body out of which, 14 are located on the legs and feet. Stimulating these marma points provides numerous health and wellness benefits.
- Massaging is done with oil. Preferably Ghee(clarified butter) or coconut oil as these are good for the skin.
- The acupressure points are massaged after oiling with the help of a metal bowl(kansa vatki). This process relieves a lot of health problems and improves energy flow.
Potential Benefits of Kansa Vatki
- Provides relaxation to tired feet
- Boosts blood circulation
- Aids the condition of muscles and ligaments of the lower limbs
- Carries detoxification of the whole body
- Strengthens the lower limbs and increase endurance
- Improves joint mobility
- Helps in bringing mental peace
- Lowers stress, anxiety and symptoms of depression
- Promotes mental soundness and cognition
- Calms the mind and body
- Restores the energy flow
This massage is supremely relaxing but more than that it is revitalizing. It increases the strength and stamina of the legs and alongside, it aids several other health problems too.
Read More in Ayurveda
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.