Ayurvedic remedies for morning sickness during pregnancy.
Ayurveda herbs pregnancy by month: Pregnancy is a beautiful phase, but requires great care. This is the time when to-be-mothers are told to follow specific remedies like Ayurvedic herbs for a healthy pregnancy. But is it safe to take Ayurvedic medicines while pregnant, especially when to-be-mothers are already put on a set of medications by their doctors? Let's find out as to how and why one must resort to Ayurvedic practices and the right way to do so. To understand the importance of Ayurvedic medicines during pregnancy, Onlymyhealth got in touch with Dr Rekha from Birla Ayurveda Healthcare. Read below to know what the doctor has to say. Ayurveda is known for its natural power which has no side effects on our body if used in proper instructions—also making our body secure against any disease. So, here are some remedies and herbs which is helpful during pregnancy by months, according to the need of the body.
- The first month: Sweet and refreshing (cold naturally not the refrigerator) milk sip by sip is suggested considering the season and liquid diet. In herbs, we can have yastimadhu, raktachandan,ksheerkakoli, devdaru with milk.
- The second month: Along with 1st, month liquids like milk with sweet, coconut water, fruit juices, kanji can be taken. In herbs Nagkeshar with milk, bilwa fruit, pippali is useful.
- Third month: Milk with honey and ghee (not in equal proportion), Sasthishali rice with milk. Herbs we can have is Priyangu, Sariva (Krishna and Shweta), Kush.
- The fourth month: Butter extracted from milk, curd with rice, fruits like Watermelon, Pomegranate, Mango, Apple. In herbs sariva, Rasna, Durva. The decoction of shunth and musta powder, Khus-khus powder.
- Fifth month: Milk with ghee, rice with milk, meat soup, black gram. The diet which increases rakta dhatu and means dhatu like- chickoo, apple, spinach, beetroot, awala, guava. We can have herbs like Udumbar, Plaksh, Kantkari, Ghanbari.
- Sixth month: Ghee prepared from sweet herb and milk, Yavagu medicated with Gokshur, kanji. Herbs are Prishnaparni, Bala, Gokshur, Shatavari.For complexion Raktachandan, Usheer, Majistha, Durva, Vidarikanda.
- The seventh month: Ghee prepared from sweet herb and milk, Yavagu medicated with Gokshur, kanji. As itching is the primary complaint in this month due to stretching of the skin, we can have following herbs yastimadhu decoction, musta and nagkeshar powder. We should avoid salty food along with a large quantity of water. We can do massage with medicated oil. Almost all foetus parts are developed at this stage so we can have Bala, gokshur like herbs as well.
- Eighth month: Yavagu made with milk and ghee. Asthapan vasti followed by Sneha vasti can be also given so that the pregnant woman can get strength and for soft vaginal passage.
- Ninth month: Sneha vasti with medicated oils and applying oil in the vagina so that the delivery can be quickly done. In this month we can consume herbs like shunthi, devdaru, jyesthmadh.
Conclusion: Ayurvedic remedies for pregnancy: The month-wise paricharya described in the Ayurveda that helps proper healthy growth and development of the foetus and gives health and care to mother.
Read more articles on Ayurveda
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.