Hydrotherapy for hair has benefitted thousands in countering hair problems such as thinning of hair and hair loss. According to MayoClinic.com, about one-third of men and women get affected with hair problems. The foremost reason of hair problems has been identified to be poor blood circulation in the scalp. Hydrotherapy for hair is an alternative treatment to improve blood circulation in the scalp.
Root Cause of Hair Problems
Human hair grows in cycles, which is different for everyone. According to MayoClinic.com, hair grows a little less than one-half inch a month. There are numerous causes of hair thinning or hair loss, but leading causes are genetic and poor nutrition. In other words, poor circulation obstructs delivery of nutrients and adequate moisture to the hair roots. When the hairs’ roots don’t receive the nutrition they require, their growth is halted.
Hydrotherapy for Hair
- Hydrotherapy for hair is recommended by health experts owing to its ability to increase blood circulation in the scalp and improve the health of hair.
- The therapy helps in cleansing the scalp and draining out dead skin cells.
- The treatment adds moisture to the hair and helps prevent breakage.
- The treatment renders relaxation, ruling out stress, which is counted among the primary causes of hair loss and thinning hair.
- Hydrotherapy for hair is not the apt solution for everyone to replenish the hairs’ health. Therefore, a health care provider must be consulted before initiating any treatment for hair related concerns.
- The treatment also promotes sleep, relieving individuals from problems such as sleep-deprivation or insomnia.
Steps of Hydrotherapy Process
- Hydrotherapy for hair can be done in a shower by taking a shower with warm water.
- Run warm water over the scalp for about 20 seconds.
- Switch to cold water and run it over your scalp for 20 seconds.
- Repeat the cycle for about three to four times and conclude with cold water.
- The hot-and-cold therapy encourages circulation of blood through scalp, ensuring that the roots receive nutrients for their growth and healthy being.
Hydrotherapy Immersion Treatments
Hydrotherapy immersion treatment is another technique of hydrotherapy for hair, which aims to restore the hair’s functionality. The therapy restores blood circulation in the scalp and revitalises hair growth.
Preventing Hair Problems
Hair problems, such as thinning of hair and hair loss can be prevented by making slight changes in routine. Mentioned below are some helpful tips on how to prevent hair problems.
- Handle your hair gently.
- Don’t use a hair dryer every time to dry wet hair.
- Hairstyles that pull hair tight should be avoided.
- Twisting, pulling and rubbing hair should be avoided.
Read more articles on Alternative Therapies