Children love to play in the mud, catch frogs and insects. Their play and activity leaves them swarming with millions of germs on hands. Teach your child to wash hands properly as this is important to protect them from diseases. Listed below are a few ways that will ensure that your child washes his or her hand when required.
- Wash your hands often with them so that they learn how to wash well and get the message that it is an important and good habit.
- Wash their hands in lukewarm water. The water should not be too hot for their little hands.
- Use soap that lathers well, and teach them to keep the lather for about 10 to 15 seconds. You don’t need antibacterial soap, in fact any soap will do.
- Teach your child to wash in between the fingers and under the nails where the germs thrive. Ask them to wash their wrists as well.
- Rinse well with water and dry with a clean towel. Teach them to dry in between the fingers as well.
Ask them to wash hands often especially before;
- Coming to help in the kitchen.
- After using the washroom.
- After cleaning around the house.
- After playing with pets or touching animals.
- After visiting or caring for any sick friends or relatives.
- After cleaning nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- After coming home from outside.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.