For a weight loss plan to be success, setting realistic goals including weight, exercise, food and psychological goals is requisite.
You must have a weight loss action plan besides knowing that you need to burn off more calories than you consume for losing weight.
Setting reasonable weight loss goals is important to get into weight loss process and go the distance. Weight loss action plan encompasses your reasons for wanting to lose weight, how much you want to lose and your weight loss maintenance plan once you attain your goal.
A reasonable weight loss goal is one which is specific, measurable, attainable and time framed. The following will help you set reasonable weight loss goals:
- Calculate your BMI: You need to know your BMI, which gives an insight to body fatness and reveals if current weight can lead to health problems. BMI (body mass index) is a number calculated using a person's height and weight. Calculate your BMI beforehand to know the weight spectrum you are in and how much you need to lose.
- Keep it realistic: Don’t set a goal too difficult which cannot be attained. A good number of enthusiasts lose motivation in the midway because they had set goals that are beyond their reach. You need to set an attainable goal, which is within your capabilities and fitness level. For example, don’t press hard to lose five pounds a week but aim for a weight loss goal of one to two pounds per week. It will be healthy and realistic.
- Reasons for losing weight: The reason for everyone to lose weight is to look better. Weight management is health management too; it keeps you away from high blood pressure, diabetes and heart diseases. Be clear in your mind if you are doing it get rid of extra flab or to ward off health risks or both.
- Lose weight quickly vs lose slowly over time: If you are putting in efforts with an aim to lose a lot of weight quickly, there is a chance of losing mostly water and muscle, rather than fat. Losing weight too quickly may make you sluggish and drained. Therefore, you must lose slowly over time which not only improve the results of the changes you make to your lifestyle but helps you reach weight loss goals.
- Track your progress: Tracking your progress is important to stay on course with the weight loss objective. When you are on a weight loss regimen, weigh yourself once a week and not more than once. If you're not heading in the right direction, you need to make changes in your goals. Seeing the changes in weight helps you stay motivated.
Patience is the key; weight loss takes time and effort. You can set yourself up for success when you have set a reasonable weight loss goal. This doesn’t mean that you should set it low so that you can accomplish it, but it mustn’t be high enough so that you it remains out of your reach.
Read more articles on Weight Loss Tips.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.