Ladies, if you want to prepone your periods, here is what you should do to induce periods naturally.
There comes a time in almost every woman’s life where she wants to prepone or postpone her menstrual cycle. Periods are unpredictable and can come without informing. Usually, we can track the periods as per the 28-day cycle which means women have the estimate of the arrival of their mensus. Your periods may collide with your plans. Women do not want to be menstruating on important occasions for example- a trip or a family event or best friend’s wedding. Obviously, you wouldn’t want to feel uneasy and waste your time in changing pads. So, if you have an important event lined up and you wish to induce periods, we have some safe and natural remedies from nature’s basket for you. However, married women should get tested for pregnancy before trying these out as in such a case, it may cause miscarriage.
Most women use heat pads during periods to ease pain and cramps. But you can also use them to get periods faster. Providing heat around the abdominal area boosts blood circulation while relaxing the muscles. This improved blood circulation helps the lining of the uterus shed faster which prepones periods.
If you want your periods to arrive before the due date, start exercising. Being lazy won’t help. Do abdominal exercises on a regular basis as it would increase the circulation of blood around the area and would also ease the discomfort during menstruation.
Get up from your couch and move a little if you want your periods to come sooner.
Also Read: A Guide To Menstrual Hygiene Products
3. Eat papaya
Papaya increases the level of estrogen in the woman’s body. You can consume papaya in either way be it papaya fruit or its shake. Eating papaya daily twice can trigger the stimulation of female hormone ‘estrogen’ which can induce periods.
Also Read: Learn The Side-Effects Of Papaya
4. Herbs for periods
Some herbs can help in preponing your periods these are:
- Turmeric- Drink turmeric water daily at least 2-3 times. For that, boil one teaspoon turmeric in one glass water and consume.
- Fenugreek and coriander seeds- Boil some coriander and fenugreek seeds in water and drink it twice daily.
- Fennel seeds- You may either consume the seeds daily in the morning or prepare fennel water.
- Parsley- Parsley drink has been found to be very effective in preponing menstruation. Parsley has certain compounds that can trigger uterus contraction. Drink parsley water and add this to your meals. You may also make parsley tea.
- Cumin and carom seeds- Both of these seeds are exceptionally good for the stomach. This is a proven remedy for stomach aches and cramps. In addition to this, these may also trigger menstruation and help them arrive sooner.
Other Foods To Eat To Prepone Menstruation
Other than the aforesaid tips, here are some foods that you should also include in your diet to prepone periods.
Dates are warm foods that produce heat in the body. Eating 4-5 dates daily can help in the quick arrival of periods days before the due date.
Also Read: Know The Side-Effects Of Eating Dates
Jaggery also has a warming effect on the body. You can mix jaggery with sesame seeds, carom seeds and ginger. Consume this on a daily basis to induce periods.
Foods that have vitamin C can increase estrogen in the body. It will stimulate bleeding.
Read More in Women's Health
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.