If curly or frizzy locks are giving you a tough time, you are probably looking for some guidelines on how to settle them. Most of us prefer straight hair because they are easy to manage and manoeuvre as desired.
There are various options available for curly hair that you can try when you are looking forward to sleek and straight locks. The actual challenge here, however, is to straighten your hair and minimise the associated damage at the same time. Excessive styling and straightening of hair may lead to serious hair damage. Therefore, certain precautions are mandatory.
- Take a small amount of cold water in your palm and apply it thoroughly on your scalp like you do while applying shampoo. Once the strands have been moistened adequately, comb them straight.
- Take about a quarter of a standard cup of oil and apply it on your hair. Leave the oil for about two minutes and wash off your strands with lukewarm water.
- Once you have managed to rinse off the oil completely, apply a light shampoo to your hair and leave it on for a couple of minutes. Rinse thoroughly with cold water. Follow this with the application of a light conditioner, leave on for about two minutes and wash off with warm water.
- Once your hair has been washed and conditioned, dry off the excess water with a towel rub and cover your head with a towel for about five minutes. Remove the towel after five minutes and blow dry your strands to ensure that they are completely dry before starting the straightening process.
- Divide your hair bunch into two parts, the upper part and the lower part. Clip up the top section in a ponytail and leave the lower section free.
- Your hair straightener will have several settings. You will have to adjust them on the basis of manageability, thickness and texture of hair. Once the settings have been completed, heat the straightener until the designated temperature level.
- Before straightening the bottom half, apply hair spray onto it. Complete straightening the lower half and finish off with a glossy spray.
- Repeat the same with the upper half until a uniform look is achieved.
If the steps involved in making curly hair straight seem extremely cumbersome to manage, you can seek professional assistance. Hair stylists can be engaged for a price to accomplish straightening to perfection.
Read more articles on Hairstyles.