Do your bit for society by creating awareness about breast cancer. You can support the fight against breast cancer by simply sporting a breast cancer pink ribbon. Follow the simple steps and you can make your own pink ribbon.
The Breast cancer campaign's symbol, which is a pink ribbon has become an effective device in increasing awareness about breast cancer. The pink ribbon helps in imparting knowledge about the symptoms, causes and treatment of breast cancer and eventually helps in raising funds to help infected people fight breast cancer.
During the month of October (Breast Cancer Awareness Month), people all over the world wear pink ribbons to honour survivors and remember those,who lost their lives battling the fatal disease.
Sporting a breast cancer pink ribbon is a sign of support to fight against breast cancer. With an alarming increase in breast cancer cases around the world, it is important to educate people about it and wearing a breast cancer pink ribbon helps one do so.
You can make your own pink ribbon by following instructions given below:
Thing required to make a Pink Ribbon
- Three inches long and quarter inch wide pink ribbon.
- Glue or double stick tape.
- Small safety pin.
Steps to make a Ribbon
- Cut the ends of the ribbon at 45- degree angle. The angles of both ends must point in opposite directions so that it has one shorter side when laid out horizontally.
- Lay the ribbon horizontally on a flat surface with the shorter end on the top.
- Hold the ribbon from the centre. Take the left end and fold in such a way that it points downward. Make sure it is folded slightly across the centre point.
- While holding the left side, fold the right end in the same way (across the centre point and pointing downward). Make sure the ribbon crosses itself leaving a half inch below the fold.
- Put a dot of glue or a piece of double stick tape in the centre of the folded ribbon. Let it dry completely.
- Attach the ribbon to a collar or a lapel using the safety pin.
- Instead of using glue or tape, you can also sew the centre of the folded ribbon with a pink thread.
- You can also use the safety pin to join both sides at the centre (slightly across to each other). You can use the same pin to attach the pink breast cancer ribbon to your collar or lapel.
Support the fight against breast cancer by wearing a pink ribbon and encouraging people around you to wear it and understand breast cancer.
Read more articles on Breast Cancer.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.