Time flies by so fast, doesn’t it? You are now a parent and your parents are dependent on you for various things. Taking care of the elderly can be difficult but it is an opportunity for you to love and care for the people who cared for you all their life. It is also an opportunity to teach your kids to be caring and loving. Read on how to make life comfortable for your elderly parents.
- First you should assess your parents’ capabilities. Can they look after themselves? Look out for signs of sickness such as dementia, Alzheimer’s disease. Has their mobility decreased?
- Discuss important issues like finance, illness, and Medicare; be patient and hear them out before offering suggestions.
- Do not try to change them or their attitude. Oldies are conservative, accept it.
- Lighten the mood as much as possible, by reminiscing about the past and allow them to spend as much time with their grandchildren as possible.
- Patience is a virtue and this is so true here.
Being old and dependent is tough after leading an independent life. You will never regret taking out time for your elderly parents.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.