Home Remedies and Tips to Control Hair Fall
By introducing some changes to your lifestyle and eating habits, you can see dramatic results in hair fall. Eating a healthy and protein-rich diet can boost hair growth and improve the quality of hair significantly.
- Use of chemical substances on the scalp reduce to a minimum
- Avoid stressful situations that can lead to hair loss
- Include a protein-rich diet in your routine
Hair fall is a widespread problem, and it affects men and women alike. On an average, a person loses eighty to hundred strands a day; this is normal and a cycle that our hair follows. But if you notice that your hair is not growing back, it could mean that you have a severe health problem. However, it is quite tricky to pinpoint the exact reason as to why this happens, so in such cases, it is better to prevent hair fall than to wait for the cure. You need to identify the factor causing hair loss and follow the hair fall control advice specific to your problem. In this article, you will find some tips for hair fall control for men and women and details on how to control hair fall.
Also read: The possible causes of hair loss in women
Ayurveda for Hair Fall
The Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss includes regulation of diet, medicated massaging and application of herbs. A balanced diet has always been emphasised when providing a remedy for the condition. This would involve giving up alcohol and smoking or any other addictive substances. Ayurvedic treatment involves :
Diet - White sesame seeds, yogurt, buttermilk, whole grains, sprouts, milk and green leafy vegetables are some healthy nutrients that should form part of your diet.
Massaging – Rubbing the soles of your feet and the scalp with almond oil or coconut oil and using vitamin E rich oil for massaging has great benefits in controlling hair fall. Also, you can follow other home remedies to prevent or reduce hair fall.
Ayurvedic herbs – Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar and apply sage tea on it. Massage your head with a mix of liquorice extract, horsetail extract, stinging nettle, rosemary and birch for stimulation of hair re-growth.
Specialized Ayurvedic treatments - You can contact an Ayurvedic practitioner for some specialised therapy for hair loss and stress. Shirodhara or draining medicated oil on the forehead is one such procedure.
Aloe Vera for Hair Fall
If you are wondering how to control hair fall, aloe vera is your answer. Aloe vera gel is considered an effective remedy to fight all hair woes. You can apply pure aloe vera gel direct on the scalp. Alcohol balances the pH level and prevents hair from breakage, especially if hair fall is caused due to irritation, dry and infected scalp. Massage your scalp with aloe vera gel and leave for few hours before washing it with lukewarm water.
Neem Treatment for Hair Fall
Neem is used as a remedy for many health-related problems due to its medicinal properties. Its astringent property helps reduce dandruff which can be useful for hair fall control.
Treat Wet Hair Gently to Control Hair Loss
You must avoid rubbing or combing wet hair. Hair is more prone to breakage when wet. This can result in a massive hair loss, and you could see a big clump in your brush.
Eat Eggs for Hair Fall Control
Hair is primarily made up of proteins which can be found in abundance in eggs. If you want to know how to control hair loss, it is essential to learn that protein-based foods, like eggs, boost hair growth significantly. Besides this, eggs contain biotin and B vitamins which can prevent hair loss.
Eat Salmon For Healthy Hair
Eating salmon has numerous health benefits for your brain, blood vessels, skin, and hair. A storehouse of omega-3 fatty acids, regular consumption of salmon can boost hair growth, and its other constituents like vitamin B12 prevent hair loss and solve hair woes like dry hair.
Beans Can Help
Beans are a rich source of protein, fiber, B vitamins, vitamin C, zinc, and minerals. All these nutrients play an important role in hair growth. Also, beans contain the right amount of iron which can prevent hair loss.
Eat more Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seeds can be another rich source of all hair loss preventing vital nutrients like protein, zinc, selenium, biotin, potassium, copper, iron, B vitamins, vitamin E, magnesium, and calcium.
Munch on Nuts
Eating nuts regularly can keep your hair healthy for many ages. Nuts contain healthy fats and phytochemicals that are needed for fighting hair loss problems.
Go Green with Spinach
If you want to control hair loss, spinach is the key. It contains a good amount of nutrients and antioxidants that can boost hair growth and fight all your hair woes.
The body must have sufficient nutrients like zinc, protein, and copper to prevent hair loss. Your one-stop solution for having all these nutrients can be eating a bowl of oatmeal in breakfast every day.
Carrots contain beta-carotene that can promote healthy hair and vitamin A that helps produce healthy sebum for the scalp.
Eat Sweet Potatoes
Regular consumption of sweet potatoes can fight problems like hair loss effectively. It contains beta-carotene which converts to vitamin A in the body.
Ditch the Creams
The style-on creams and gels can prove harmful to your hair. Quitting them could be one of the most effective remedies for hair fall control for men.
Apart from that, people experience hair loss due to lack of maintenance and negligence.
Try these tips for lifestyle changes and hair fall treatment to prevent further hair loss. Here are a few other ways in which you can stop hair loss:
- Hair is the most exposed part of your body and has the tendency to gather dust, heat and dirt in no time. Therefore, we all experience a certain dryness and dandruff very frequently. These are the prime contributory factors for hair loss and can be curbed by covering your head with a cotton scarf while travelling. Fashion conscious people can opt for hats, caps and stylish umbrellas to complete their look
- Oil your hair. Most people avoid or forget applying oil to their hair which makes the scalp produce oil on its own to maintain the moisture level of the skin. This is often misconstrued as a sign of oily scalp. This is not true! Oil your hair once a week to feel the change and the difference in the quality of your hair
- Avoid dye, blow drying and ironing your hair frequently. This makes the hair brittle and changes the texture of the hair drastically. Repeated sessions of applying direct heat on your hair strands can cause long-term damage to your hair such as thinning, loss in shine and baldness
- Many spa salons offer spa treatments for your hair which last for 30—40 minutes leaving your hair nourished. This can be another alternative to stop hair loss
- Apply freshly prepared henna on your hair along with one egg and curd. Make sure it reaches in all corners of the scalp. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash it off with water. Shampoo your hair the following day. This stops hair loss within 15 days and also adds more volume to your hair
- It is true that hair is the second fastest growing organ in the body apart from the bone marrow. But one must realise the damage caused to our hair is speedier than the growth pattern of our hair thereby, giving the follicles less amount of time for regeneration. Vitamin E capsules should be mixed in oil (at least two capsules if hair loss is more) and applied two times a week for best results
- Apart from that, including a lot of protein in your daily diet. Protein and iron help rebuild the loss of tissue in the scalp and helps strengthen the follicles so that they can hold the hair root more firmly
- Women suffering from extreme hormonal imbalance tend to suffer from hair loss. For this, one should consult a gynaecologist for remedial measures
- Avoid taking stress. Joining meditation classes or proactively participating in yoga can help you lead a better lifestyle. Most people witness baldness early in their lives and the prime reason for this is stress
Read more related articles, download OnlymyHealth App.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jul 19, 2018
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.