Healthy Diet Recipes: 3 Iron-Rich Dishes To Boost Immunity And Metabolism
Iron deficiency is found in many people, especially in women. Because of which they becomes anemic. Iron is an important mineral for the body to make red blood cells and hemoglobin.
For a healthy body, it is not enough to eat food, but it is also necessary to maintain the gaps and proportion of how much you and when you eat. Yes, these three things can be a big reason behind your health and healthy lifestyle. If you consume a balanced diet, it is more necessary to eat it at the right time and in the correct quantity.
Iron deficiency is found in many people, especially in women and due to this they become anemic. Iron is an important mineral for the body to make red blood cells and hemoglobin, which transmits oxygen to various parts of the body. Not only this, there are many other important roles of iron elements in the body. Iron is also important for maintaining the level of energy. Due to the lack of iron in the body, it shows various signs, such as:
- pale skin color
- low stamina
Due to all these symptoms, the body's immune system becomes weak and many other diseases attack you. It is extremely important that you eat iron-rich foods to meet your body's demands. Let us guide you with a few easy iron-rich recipes.
Chickpeas And Spinach Soup
Spinach is one of the best sources of Iron because every 100 gm spinach contains 2.7 milligrams of iron. While Chola or chickpeas are also rich in iron content and have low-calorie intake. In this way, you can make the best chickpeas and spinach soup in both health and taste.
- To make this, first, take 1 cup half-cooked chickpeas and 2 cups of spinach.
- Now heat 1/2 tsp butter in a pan. Add 3-4 chopped garlic and cloves and add 1-2 chopped onions.
- After this add a pinch cumin powder, 1 teaspoon red chili powder, salt as needed, small half spoon turmeric and mix well.
- Now add the chickpeas to it and fry it with spices until it is a little brown.
- After this, cut the spinach leaves in it and let it cook for about two minutes.
- Now, put the spinach and chilies in another bowl and cool it.
- After this, now blend it in the blender and afterward add some cream, black and white sesame seeds to garnish.
Spinach Dal Khichdi
Both spinach and dal are a good source of iron. Khichdi is among the easiest and preferred dishes. The spinach and pulse combination is full of iron elements. 18 grams of iron is found in 100 grams of dal. This is a perfect balance of carbohydrate and protein.
- For this, first, wash 1 cup of rice 1 or 2 times and soak it in water. Also, you have to soak 1 cup of dal in a vessel.
- After this, put the pressure cooker on the gas and add oil and heat it. When the oil becomes hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, and ginger-garlic paste and mix well.
- After that, add finely chopped onion and later add finely chopped tomatoes after onions are light brown.
- Now add salt, green chilies, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and chili powder to your taste and let it cook well.
- Now add roasted moong dal or any other pulse to rice and put them in a pressure cooker and cook for 2 minutes.
- After doing so, put the chopped spinach in it and mix it well. After this, add water to cook rice as per requirement and close the pressure cooker. Allow it to cook for ten to twelve minutes.
- After two whistles, remove the spinach dal from the pressure cooker.
This traditional Rajasthani lentil curry contains five different types of pulses, which include moong, gram, lentil, urad, and toor dal. These pulses give many nutrients to the body with a different flavor in the dish. It is full of antioxidants, proteins, dietary fiber, and iron. This Pancharatna Dal will remove iron deficiency in your body.
- First, soak these five pulses, moong, gram, lentil, urad, and toor dal.
- Now add lentils, pour some water until the water level reaches above the pulse level in the pressure cooker.
- Put salt and turmeric as needed and cook it for 3-4 whistles.
- After the pulp is boiled, take a frying pan and add 1 to 2 teaspoons of ghee or oil in it and heat it.
- Add little hing and cumin seeds, when cumin seeds are brown, add ginger garlic or just ginger paste, fry well.
- After this, add onion and fry until it turns light brown.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, green chilies, coriander powder and cook until the oil separates and the tomatoes.
- Put the lentils in it, then keep stirring it lightly. If needed, add some water and cook on low flame for at least 15 minutes.
- Afterward, add finely chopped green coriander in it and eat it with bread (roti) or rice.
Read more on Healthy Diet
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jul 29, 2019
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.