Health Benefits of Apples
Apple helps to maintain overall health of body.
Apple is a store house of nutrition. Eating apples helps in preventing and also curing some diseases. In addition, it also helps in maintaining overall health of the body. Listed below are some of the health benefits of apples:
- Apple is an excellent option for the people who want to lose weight as it satisfies hunger without adding extra calories. It contains pectin which controls the amount of fat absorbed by human body cells. Therefore having apples is a good way to fill your stomach when you are carving for food.
- Pectin, found in apples is a source of galacturonic acid. It curbs the need of insulin in the body and thus helps in managing diabetes.
- Apples contain antioxidants like flavanoid and phloridzin which helps to protect women from osteoporosis after they have reached menopause. Moreover, it increases bone density and helps in strengthening them.
- All of us are aware of the importance of fibre in our diet. Apple is a great source of both soluble and insoluble fibre. It helps in regulating the process of digestion and gives relief from constipation. Moreover, the skin of apple also helps in the removal of toxic substances from the body. Therefore, it is advisable to have apple without peeling off their skin as you will then be unable to reap benefits of fibre from apple.
- Apples help in the prevention of formation of kidney stones as they contain good amount of cider vinegar.
- Making apples a part of your diet helps in keeping your heart healthy. The antioxidants present in apple prevent the oxidization of LDL cholesterol and reduces inflammation. Moreover, they also lower the cholesterol level.
- Apple is useful in prevention of brain disease such as Alzheimer as it protects the brain cells from free radical damage that leads to Alzheimer.
- Apples have high content of flavonoids quercetin and naringin that reduces the changes of lung cancer up to 50 percent.
- Apple is an excellent source of energy as it helps in supplying oxygen to lungs. Hence, it is advisable to have some apples before your workout session. It will increase your stamina and give a boost to your energy level.
Apart from these health benefits, apples also contain large amounts of minerals and vitamins that purify blood. So make apples an important part of your diet in order to ensure good health.
Read more articles on Healthy Eating
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Oct 06, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.