If you are troubled by hair fall, then you should try your hands at hair steaming. Steaming your hair for 30 minutes in a week adds new life to your hair.
Hair steaming is the best way to prevent hair fall. If you are facing issues of hair fall, hair breakage and hair thinning, it is time you should take up some serious action without actually the need of spending money at salons. Usually, one witnesses hair fall while shampooing or combing damp hair. The alarm rings when you see hair strands stuck in between your fingers while casually touching or caressing your hair. One of the most effective ways to stop hair fall is hair steaming, which can be done at home as well.
At present, the problem that most people face is hair loss. Women or men all suffer from hair loss. While in women, hair thinning is a major problem caused due to hair fall. In men, the menace of baldness is widespread due to hair loss or fall. If you are also troubled by the problem of hair loss, then you should know its reasons and remedies.
Causes of Hair Fall
The biggest reason for hair fall in men and women is due to deficiency of required nutrients for the hair. This may be due to an inappropriate diet, pollution or wrong usage of shampoo. Our hair is made of protein. But along with this, other vitamins, fats and a healthy surrounding is a must to maintain your hair. In the absence of these, the scalp starts to weaken, which causes them to break and fall.
Along with the right nutrition for hair, scalp cleansing is also essential. Due to pollution, dirt starts to build upon the scalp. This affects hair health as dirt deposits trap the scalp, limiting the vital nutrients required for hair growth. To keep your scalp clean and healthy, one should resort to hair steaming atleast once in a week.
How To Do Hair Steaming At Home
If you are troubled due to hair loss and hair fall, fret not as hair steaming can stop hair fall and accelerate hair growth. Follow these steps for healthy and long hair:
- Hair steaming at home does not require any expensive equipment or any expensive hair spa package.
- To do hair steaming at home, all you need is a large pot, hot water and a towel.
- It is necessary to massage the hair with oil before hair steaming. Massage your scalp with some oil with light hands. Leave it for half an hour.
- Do not leave the oil overnight as it can attract dust. Apply oil 30 minutes before hair steaming for proper nourishment and care.
- For steaming, first, dip a towel in hot water. After squeezing, wrap it well on the head.
- Wrap the towel for at least half an hour to allow the hair to get a good stream. Avoid switching on the AC or fan while steaming your hair. You may sweat during this procedure, which is typical.
- Take the towel off your hair after half an hour and wash with a mild herbal shampoo. Doing this repeatedly reduces hair fall and promotes hair growth effectively.
- To prevent hair fall, hair steaming should be done once a week.
Read more articles on Hair Care
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.