'Green Tea' Is Beneficial For Diabetes Patients, Here Is How To Consume It?
Green tea extracts and type 2 diabetes: Diabetes is currently a rapidly spreading disease that is hereditary as well as related to our daily routine. Due to diabetes, the level of glucose and blood sugar in the blood of the body increases. Diabetes can be controlled by exercising and consuming some health enhancers (but cannot be eradicated). One of these things is green tea. Yes, diabetes can be controlled to a great extent by drinking green tea, and it is also very efficient in removing toxins from the body. Although green tea has many benefits associated with the body, scientists are working towards proving green tea to be effective in controlling diabetes.
Green Tea Research
- According to a theory published in the Analysis of Internal Medicine, scientists have said that regular consumption of green tea decreases the chance of developing type-2 (routine) diabetes. Doctors working on this theory say that at least two cups of green tea every day keeps blood sugar under control. For this, the doctors also researched and used it. People who consumed green tea during the experiment were at 33% less likely to have diabetes than those who don't drink green tea during the day.
- During the research, it was said that green tea contains an antioxidant called catechin which simplifies the complications due to non-production of insulin. It also includes an antioxidant called polyphenol, which prevents the loss of tissue due to the lack of insulin in the body. You may have noticed that the condition worsens due to anxiety and stress in diabetes and such a situation, the consumption of green tea is very beneficial because the amino-acid and L-theanine present in green tea calms the mind by reducing stress.
Green tea benefits
The advantages of green tea are countless because it is an essential source of antioxidants and nutrients that are highly favourable for patients with diabetes. It is one of the 3 types of tea available worldwide that goes through the maximum amount of processing compared with the rest. The advanced processing helps keep the antioxidants known as polyphenols intact. Here are some of the advantages of green tea for diabetes. How to consume green tea? Patients with diabetes should contact their doctor before consuming green tea. They will advise which green tea and how much should be consumed by checking the level of diabetes. By doing this, diabetes patients will not only be free from anxiety, but their blood sugar will also be under control.
- Controls blood sugar: One of the numerous health benefits of green tea, it helps to reduce the harmful effects of low insulin thereby regulating the glucose level in the body. As per the University of Maryland Medical Centre, green tea not only prevents diabetes from developing but also slows it down if it already is growing in the body.
- Reduces hypertension: Drinking a cup of green tea a day reduces symptoms of high blood pressure by 50% as quoted by a study conducted in China. Green tea alleviates symptoms of high blood pressure and relaxes the blood vessels and. Health advantages of drinking green tea in diabetes go a long way by reducing hypertension.
- Reduces cholesterol: The effects managing diabetes with green tea can be seen in people who consume green tea regularly and consequently have lower levels of cholesterol compared with those who do not because the polyphenols in the tea keep the body from absorbing cholesterol. If you do not like the taste of green tea, take green tea supplements that also provide a valuable amount of polyphenols.
Read more on Diabetes
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.