Get Well-Sculpted Abs with These Easy-to-Do Abs Exercises
- Great abs are right next to impossible if you are not physically active and live an unhealthy lifestyle
- Well-toned abs require a lot of hard work
- Some abs exercises can be done at home
Great abs are right next to impossible with no physical activity and an unhealthy lifestyle. It includes a lot of hard work and diet control. If you are not up for high-intensity ab workouts and a strict diet routine, forget about having ripped abs. However, if you really wish to have those sculpted abs, here are some exercises that you must try.
Upper Ab Crunches
- Lie down on your back with bent knees.
- Your hands must be stretched behind you.
- Keeping your lower back pressed into the floor; lift your shoulder blades off the floor curling your upper body towards your knee.
- Contract your abs as hard as you can as you lift yourself up.
- Now lower your back to the starting potion.
- Lie down on your back with knees bent and your feet a few inches off the floor.
- You can either place your hands on your hips or behind your head.
- Slowly contract the abdominal by rotating the pelvis up and bringing your knees towards your rib cage. Focus on letting your abs do the work.
- Hold the position for 10 counts and then slowly lower your knees to the starting position.
- Follow the upper ab crunches with diagonal tilts to the right and the left side targeting the oblique and transverse abdominis.
- Lie down straight on the sports mat.
- Rise from your shoulders and reach out to your left knee with your right hand.
- Hold for 5 counts lowering yourself.
- 3 sets of 10-16 repetitions must be enough. Change sides and repeat the exercise.
- Stand with the feet shoulder-width apart, arms hanging down by the sides, holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Look straight ahead and keep the abdominals contracted. Arch the back slightly outwards while bending the knees and lowering the hips towards the floor.
- Stop when the thighs reach horizontal, extend the knees and return to the standing position.
Note: Do not let the knees cross the toes in the sitting position. Keep looking straight and maintain a slight concave arch in the back. Never round the back.
- Sit on the leg extension machine and grasp the handles to stabilize the torso.
- Bend the knees and place the ankles under the ankle pads.
- Using the front thigh muscles, extend (straighten) the legs so that they are parallel to the floor.
- Slowly return back to starting position.
Lying Leg Curls
- Lie facing downwards on the leg curl machine holding the handles, legs straight and ankles fixed under the ankle pads.
- Using the back thigh muscles, curl the legs trying to touch the hips with the heels.
- Slowly uncurl.
Note: Keep the toes pointed away from the body.
Cable Back Kicks
- Stand on one leg facing the cable machine and the other leg attached to the ankle strap of the low pulley
- Keep the pelvis tilted forward and grasp the handle to stabilize the position
- Extend the hip and pull the leg back and then slowly return to the starting position
Note: Hip extension is limited so do not try to go overboard. Do the movement slowly and in control.
Follow these methods and you shall be blessed with an amazing body.
Source: Expert Content Jan 18, 2018
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.