Did you always want a chiselled body with perfect abs? Here are some exercises to help you achieve your goal.
Gone are those days when only athletes used to have abs. Regardless, where a man stands on the professional spectrum, every other guy is obsessing over that solid pack of abs.
Remember, all humans are born different - some of you may be able to carve out abs in no time, while some of you may take a long time. So, the key is to be patient. The perfect six-pack can be achieved with a combination of a proper diet and appropriate exercises.
We bring you some exercises to work on those abdominal muscles and get ripped. These few abs exercises can help you lose excess fat and achieve your goal.
Ab Wheel Rollout
- Hold an Ab Roller in your hand and kneel on the floor
- Place the roller in front of you and stretch forward into a straight position to create tension in your core and hips
- Go down as far as is possible for you without touching the floor
- Slowly pull yourself back to the initial position as you breathe out
- Do as many reps as you can while maintaining a perfect form
- Lie down on your stomach with your forearms on the floor
- Bend your elbows directly under your shoulders
- Stiffen up your core and lift your torso and thighs off the floor
- Hold for 5 seconds, gradually working up to 30-60 seconds
- Do three sets. Stop immediately if you experience any lower back pain
- Get down on your hands and knees with your palms flat on the floor
- Tighten the core muscles. Make sure you maintain the contraction
- Now raise the right leg and your left arm until they are parallel to the floor
- Hold for a few seconds and return to the initial position. Now, repeat on the other side
- Continue to alternate back and forth to complete one rep
- Do 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps and repeat
- Lie on the floor with your knees bent and heels width-apart
- Raise your hips off the ground to form a straight line from your shoulders to your knee
- Press your heels into the floor and do not arch your back, keep inhaling and exhaling simultaneously
- Hold intact this position for a few seconds and repeat for 12-15 reps
- Lie on either of your sides. Place the elbow on the floor directly under your shoulder
- Keep your legs straight with one leg resting directly on the top of the other leg
- Raise your hips and knees, while contracting your waist and glutes
- Hold the position for 5 – 10 seconds, rest for 30 seconds and repeat. Then switch sides and repeat
- Keep your feet together, now slowly lift the right leg and step forward, keeping your torso straight and shoulders back
- Make sure that your front knee is above your ankle and the other knee does not touch the floor
- Now, lower the hips until your right thigh is parallel to the floor. Your right knee should not be pushing forward in front of your toes
- Do this on both sides to complete a rep. Do 8-12 reps
Things to remember:
- With every exercise, make sure you tighten your core and straighten your back
- If you suffer from any kind of back problems, do not perform these exercises
- You can combine a healthy and nutritious diet with these exercises to get better results
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.