Fenugreek or Methi Ka Ladoo For Diabetes: A metabolic diseases in which the blood glucose or blood sugar level in the blood is higher than average is known as diabetes. This happens when the cells of the body do not respond appropriately to Insulin. Patients who have higher blood sugar levels than average are often disturbed by polyuria (frequent urination). According to a study, by drinking 10 grams of hot water of fenugreek daily, type-2 diabetes can be controlled. Fenugreek seeds have the power to reduce the level of blood sugar. It contains a lot of fibre which speeds up digestion. Besides, it also improves the use of sugar by the body. According to an estimate by the World Health Organization (WHO), every year, around 1.6 million people in the world lose their lives due to diabetes. The WHO claims that by 2030, diabetes will become the 7th most extensive lethal disease in the world.
How to use fenugreek for diabetes?
- You will see this herb in every Indian kitchen, but many people do not like its bitter taste. It is most commonly used as a stuffing mixture in lentils, curries, stir fry, chicken dishes and paranthas. The most famous dish in India is fenugreek potatoes, in which the sweet taste of potatoes is cooked by adding the bitter taste of green fenugreek.
- Meat lovers can try eating Methi Chicken with Butter Roti. Thepla is also quite famous in Gujarat, which is made by mixing wheat flour, gram flour and fenugreek leaves. Often people like to eat it with chilli pickle. Methi leaf, along with the rest of the ingredients, is used to equalize the taste of food. You can use both fresh and dry fenugreek in the dish.
Methi Ladoos for Diabetes
- If it comes to health-related benefits, fenugreek helps to control cholesterol, along with heart diseases, helps control diabetes. The fibre, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals present in it helps indigestion. It is said that adding a small spoon of fenugreek seeds to the food can prevent acid reflux. Eating fenugreek keeps the blood sugar level of the body under control and prevents diabetes. A fibre called galactomannan present in fenugreek reduces the absorption of sugar in the blood. According to a study, by drinking 10 grams of hot water of fenugreek daily, type-2 diabetes can be controlled. Fenugreek seeds have the power to reduce the level of blood sugar. It contains a lot of fibre which speeds up digestion. Besides, it also improves the use of sugar by the body.
- Although Saunth and fenugreek ladoos are a traditional dessert, much more than that, it is eaten as a medicine, and it is because similar ingredients are used while making it. Laddus prepared from fenugreek seeds, dry ginger, fennel and jaggery are considered especially beneficial for pregnant women.
Sonth aur methi ka ladoo (Laddu) recipe
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- A small spoon (dry, prepared in powder form)
- ¾ cup jaggery sugar
Recipe of Methi ladoo
- Melt ghee in a frying pan, add flour to it and fry it on low heat.
- Fry the flour for half an hour. You will see that this mixture will be light brown. Turn off the heat, keep the mixture to cool down. If the dough is not completely cooled and you add sugar to it, then this mixture will dry up.
- Put dry black pepper, fenugreek, fennel in another pan and fry it.
- When the flour mixture is completely dry, add sugar, ground spices and dry ginger to it and mix it well.
- Mix with your hand, until it mixes well. Make them round as laddus.
- Finally press them in your fist for a while, until the top layer becomes soft.
- Garnish the ladoos with pistachios and almonds and fill them in a tight container.
- You can keep them for four to six weeks.
Read more articles on Diabetes
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.