In this age of obesity and obsession to look young and attractive forever, not only celebrities but even common people are opting for multiple cosmetic surgery procedures at one go.
These are called "extreme makeovers." The name is derived from a recent TV show about plastic surgery. Extreme makeovers can give several benefits to the patient like
- Surgeries to be done are customized to each person’s need and health situation
- Total surgical time is shorter
- Fewer incisions are made
- Overall cost of surgeries is decreased
- You will need only a single recovery period instead of several.
In addition, a single procedure like face-lift will not give you the look you want. But beautifying everything from eyes to lips to breasts to abdomen to ankles will give you more satisfactory results you were looking for.
A few examples of “extreme makeover” plastic surgery combinations are
- Abdominoplasty with breast augmentation.
- Breast reduction or augmentation with liposuction on the back or upper arms.
- Face and body lift with a breast lift.
- Abdominoplasty with a thigh lift.
- Facelift with neck liposuction.
But like any other surgery extreme makeover are also associated with risks and complications like
- Longer recovery time than that would be necessary for a single-issue cosmetic surgery.
- Bleeding and infection
- Delayed healing of the incisions
- Higher expense for professional nursing assistance during recovery.
Extreme makeover plastic surgery can give you a "new look" and you will look younger, but it is not without complications. Insurance does not cover cosmetic surgery so you will have to pay for it from your pocket.
Image Courtesy: Getty
Read more articles on Body Surgeries.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.