Emergency Warning Signs of Swine Flu
When home treatment or care is being considered it is important to be aware of "emergency warning signs" and recognize them promptly. A person with "emergency warning signs" needs prompt medical attention and treatment.
Emergency warning signs in adults:
• difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath,
• pain or heaviness in chest or abdomen
• Dizziness or lightheadedness
• Continuous or severe vomiting
• Recurrence of flu-like symptoms after improvement and the fever and cough are worse.
Emergency warning signs in children:
• rapid breathing or difficulty in breathing
• blue skin color
• Not taking adequate amount of fluids
• Lethargic, not waking up or interacting poorly
• Very irritable or inconsolable even on holding
• Recurrence of flu-like symptoms after improvement and the fever and cough are worse
• Fever with rash
• Not eating anything
• No tears on crying
If an adult or child has any of the emergency warning signs seek urgent medical attention.
Read more articles on Swine Flu Symptoms
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Apr 08, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.