Signs and Symptoms of Swine Flu: When home treatment is being considered to find a cure for swine flu it is important to be aware of ‘emergency warning signs’ and recognise them promptly. Here, you will learn about some of the emergenc
When home treatment or care is being considered it is important to be aware of "emergency warning signs" and recognize them promptly. A person with "emergency warning signs" needs prompt medical attention and treatment.
Emergency warning signs in adults:
• difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath,
• pain or heaviness in chest or abdomen
• Dizziness or lightheadedness
• Continuous or severe vomiting
• Recurrence of flu-like symptoms after improvement and the fever and cough are worse.
Emergency warning signs in children:
• rapid breathing or difficulty in breathing
• blue skin color
• Not taking adequate amount of fluids
• Lethargic, not waking up or interacting poorly
• Very irritable or inconsolable even on holding
• Recurrence of flu-like symptoms after improvement and the fever and cough are worse
• Fever with rash
• Not eating anything
• No tears on crying
If an adult or child has any of the emergency warning signs seek urgent medical attention.
Read more articles on Swine Flu Symptoms
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.