How do you get rid of sebaceous cysts naturally? A sebaceous cyst is noncancerous, but sometimes people consider it as a severe disease. This kind of cyst is common in people. But, it is quite discomforting and painful. It can be infectious if it contains 'pus' also known as semi-liquid material. This liquid cyst is generally found around the neck or face. It grows slowly and hence can be treated easily. What causes sebaceous cysts? Sebaceous cysts build up in the sebaceous gland, which generates 'sebum oil' that can nourish your hair and skin. However, if the sebaceous gland gets blocked, the oil cannot reach the skin and hair. Therefore, it slowly eventually grows as a sebaceous cyst.
Sebaceous cysts natural remedies
Standard sebaceous cysts treatment includes draining out the liquid or surgically removing the cyst. However, some excellent natural remedies can cure sebaceous cysts easily, quickly and effectively. Here are some of the most effective home remedies for cysts that you can try:
1. Witch hazel for sebaceous cysts
Image credits: Recipes.timesofindia
Witch hazel offers some fantastic astringent properties that can efficiently cure sebaceous cyst. You can easily treat sebaceous cysts at home using witch hazel. Tannins present in witch hazel will remove the excess oils and tighten the pores.
- Apply some witch hazel extracts or cream over the cyst and let it soak for 10-15 minutes
- Although the cyst size will begin to reduce within the next couple of days
- Try this effective home remedy for at least a week for best results
2. Aloe vera for sebaceous cysts
- Apply aloe vera gel directly over the cyst
- Within a couple of days, the cysts will start to shrink
- For even better results you can also drink aloe vera juice
3. Tea tree oil for sebaceous cysts
Tea tree oil offers anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, which can help heal various health problems, such as acne, headache, cough, warts, and sebaceous cysts as well.
- Apply a few drops of tea tree oil directly on the cyst to treat it
- It will not only treat the cyst but also prevent the risk of infection
4. Turmeric for sebaceous cysts
Image credits: Bicycling.com
Turmeric can be beneficial against sebaceous cysts. Turmeric not only helps in treating the cysts but also prevents infection from spreading. It contains antioxidants, antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties which make it an effective home remedy for this purpose.
- You can drink turmeric milk to help your body cure cysts on its own.
- If in case the cyst bursts anyhow, let all the fluid drain out and apply turmeric paste over the area and cover with a clean cloth. It will prevent the risk of infection.
5. Castor oil for sebaceous cysts
Castor oil also works wonders with such types of cysts. It helps reduce the size of the cyst as well as provides quick relief from the itching. This oil has antimicrobial properties that can help in killing the bacteria. You have to soak a cotton swab in castor oil and gently apply the oil directly on the infected cyst.
- Sebaceous cysts pose no risk to life
- It can cause discomforting symptoms if left untreated
- Doctors usually treat them surgically
- Home remedies can help treat cysts quickly
Read more articles on Home remedies
Image source: Fashionlady