Sebaceous cysts are non-cancerous but give a weird look, cause pain and discomfort. Here's how you can treat them naturally at home.
How do you get rid of sebaceous cysts naturally? A sebaceous cyst noncancerous, but sometimes people consider it as a severe disease. It's widespread to get this kind of cyst; however, it is quite discomforting and a little painful. It can be infectious if it contains 'pus' also known as semi-liquid material. This liquid cyst is generally found around the neck or face. It grows slowly and hence can be treated easily. What causes sebaceous cysts? Here's an explanation to it. Sebaceous cysts build up in the sebaceous gland, which generates 'sebum oil' which nourishes your hair and skin. However, if the sebaceous gland gets blocked, the oil cannot reach the skin and hair; therefore, it gradually grows as a sebaceous cyst.
Sebaceous Cysts Treatments
Standard sebaceous cysts treatment includes draining out the liquid or surgically removing the cyst. However, some excellent natural remedies can cure sebaceous costs available that can help you treat cysts quickly. Here are some of the most effective home remedies for cysts that you can try.
- Witch hazel for sebaceous cysts: Witch hazel offers some fantastic astringent properties that can efficiently cure sebaceous cyst. Treat sebaceous cysts at home, apply some witch hazel extracts or cream over the cyst and let it soak for 10-15 mins. Tannins present in witch hazel will remove the excess oils and tighten the pores. Although the cyst size will begin to reduce within the next couple of days, try this effective home remedy for at least a week for best results.
- Aloe vera for sebaceous cysts: Aloe vera is an all-around home remedy for skin problems with some fantastic pain-relieving and healing properties. Apply aloe vera gel directly over the cyst. The gel will provide instant relief from the discomfort caused by the cyst. Within a couple of days, the cysts will start to shrink. For even better results you can also drink aloe vera juice.
- Tea tree oil for sebaceous cysts: Tea tree oil offers anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, which can help heal various health problems, such as acne, headache, cough, warts, and sebaceous cysts. Apply some tea tree oil directly on the cyst to treat it. It will not only treat the cyst but also prevent the risk of infection.
- Turmeric for sebaceous cysts: Turmeric can be beneficial against cysts. You can drink turmeric milk to help your body cure cysts on its own. If in case the cysts bursts anyhow, let all the fluid drain out and apply turmeric paste over the area and cover with a clean cloth. It will prevent the risk of infection.
- Castor oil for sebaceous cysts: Castor oil also works wonders with cysts. It helps reduce the size of the cyst as well as provide quick relief from itching. Soak a cotton swab in castor oil and gently apply the oil directly on the infected cyst.
- Sebaceous cysts pose no risk to life.
- It can cause discomforting symptoms if left untreated.
- Doctors usually treat them surgically.
- Home remedies can help treat cysts quickly.
Read more articles on Home remedies
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.