Do whole eggs help burn belly fat?
Since whole eggs are nutrient-dense they help to burn belly fat. This article gives you detailed information about role of eggs in weight loss.
- Whole eggs provide the all-essential amino acid to aid your body.
- It was believed that a couple of eggs trigger cholesterol levels.
- Whole eggs are enriched with vitamin B 12.
Eggs are a natural source of whole proteins that help to burn unwanted belly fat. However, this must not give you the wrong impression that eggs will “spot reduce” fat from any particular area of the body. Instead eggs must be taken as part of a healthy and balanced diet. Healthy diet along with regular exercise will help to lose overall weight including your belly fat.
How eggs help burn belly fat
It is common belief that eggs increase bad cholesterol level. It was believed that a couple of eggs trigger cholesterol levels above the recommended limit. But now this belief has been discarded by various researches that have shown that dietary cholesterol has minimum impact on the blood cholesterol level. According to recent studies, it is dietary fat that increases the level of bad cholesterol. If you are still afraid of cholesterol from eggs then remove its yolk. But remember that whole eggs can give you far more health benefits and help to burn weight.
- Whole eggs are enriched with vitamin B 12 and proteins that are very helpful in breaking down fat.
- Egg yolk has high micro-nutrient density which increases the overall nutrient density of each calorie. Wondering how this will help to burn belly fat? These nutrients work by regulating your appetite for the whole day .i.e. make you fuller so that you end up eating less.
- “Fitness” magazine has recommended eggs as food that helps to burn belly fat. The reason being that they help with satiation thus preventing excessive calorie consumption. According to a research cited in “Fitness” magazine people who ate eggs for breakfast feel less hungry throughout the day. Whole eggs help to maintain the healthy level of fat burning hormones in the body.
- Whole eggs provide the all-essential amino acid to aid your body’s daily maintenance.
According to a latest study that compared two groups (first group consisted of people who ate cereal or bagel for breakfast while the other group ate eggs for breakfast); people who ate eggs either lost weight or maintained a healthy weight. However, the other group gained weight.
Another study conducted at the University of Connecticut compared whole egg eaters and people who ate only egg whites for 12 weeks. Results revealed that by the end of the 12th week men who ate three whole eggs on a daily basis had increased HDL (good cholesterol associated with low risk of heart diseases) by 20% and the LDL (bad cholesterol) level remained the same. The other group had no change in either of them.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 08, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.