People tend to lose hair thickness and density as they age, this gradual thinning of hair is a natural condition known as involutional alopecia.
Types Of Hair Fall: Whether it is permanent hair loss or temporary everyone and anyone is at risk of hair loss. Genetics play a vital role in developing the chances of hair loss in 90 per cent of the cases. But several other circumstances can put you at risk of hair loss (might be temporary). Do you know that ayurvedic treatments are a popular choice to treat hair loss? Yes, as they incorporate natural ingredients. Do you know what ayurvedic remedies for hair fall include? It is a combination of diet, meditation, oil massage, aromatherapy, and ayurvedic herbs.
Do you know about casual contraception? It has now become a part of a sexually active woman’s life. Hair loss listed as a side effect is something we should not ignore in the literature of most birth control pills. When women stop the medicine, they continue to suffer the trauma of hair fall. Women around the globe! Before you decide to use oral contraception, you should guard yourself with information. Do you know that there are many types of hair loss, also known as alopecia?
Also Read: Hair Care Tips For Pregnant Women
- Androgenic alopecia: Commonly known as pattern baldness, it is another genetically predisposed condition of baldness called androgenic alopecia. It is a popular form of hair loss in both women and men, but the pattern and timing of baldness differ according to gender. Guys with this disease can begin experiencing from hair loss in their teens, while ladies experience weakening of hair in their late 30’s. In males, this condition is characterized by thinning at the crown and receding hairline (commonly known as male pattern baldness). In ladies, female pattern baldness is also known as androgenetic alopecia. The hairline does not decrease in women with this condition; however, they experience thinning of hair all over the head.
- Telogen effluvium: It is characterized by shedding hair over the scalp (hair thinning) triggered due to hormonal change or physiologic stress. Do you know that hormonal changes in the post-delivery period cause a large number of your hair strands to enter telogen at one time? These are a common cause of this kind of baldness; thus, women are more prone to this kind of alopecia.
- Involutional alopecia: Both women and men as they age tend to lose hair density and thickness; this is a natural condition called involutional alopecia (also known as gradual thinning of hair). It happens when the growth phase of hair follicles is less than the reasonable amount and goes into the resting phase.
- Alopecia areata or spot baldness: Alopecia areata or spot baldness in adults and children affect suddenly. Do you know that it is thought to be an autoimmune disorder where the body attacks its hair follicles? In 90% of cases, the hair grows back within a few years.
- Scarring alopecia: Here is another type of alopecia, called the scarring alopecia or “cicatricial alopecia”, which causes inflammation. The inflammation replaces hair follicles with scar tissue and causes permanent hair loss (it also destroys the hair follicles).
- Trichotillomania: It is an impulse control disorder seen mostly in children and is treatable. It is characterized by the repeated urge of pulling out one’s hair.
Read More in Hair Care
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.
- Natural Hair Fall Treatment
- How can stop hair fall
- Hair loss
- Hair Loss Treatment
- Hair Loss Causes
- hair fall from roots
- hair falling out
- solution for hair fall
- hair fall home remedy
- hair fall for women
- Pattern Baldness
- Alopecia in Women
- Alopecia in men
- Risk factors for hair loss
- Effect of Birth Control Pills on Hair
- Hair Loss from Stopping Birth Control
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Hairfall
- Home Remedies for Hair Fall
- Ayurveda for Hair loss
- Ayurvedic Cure