Delicious crunchy ragi cookies recipe
- Ragi, also known as finger millet.
- Ragi is one of the healthiest cereals.
- It is high on minerals and protein content.
- It can also help your body fight against bacteria with its anti-bacterial properties.
Ragi, also known as finger millet is originally from Africa and has being grown in Ethiopia and Uganda for more than thousand years now. Years later, India started growing ragi. Ragi is one of the healthiest cereals with minerals and high protein content. Ragi is also high on dietary fiber and thus controls diabetes; it can help your body fight against bacteria with its anti-bacterial properties. There are many other properties that make ragi, the healthiest food.
Now, we fuse health with taste, with this crunchy ragi cookie recipe, which is simple and easy.
- Ragi flour – 1¼ cups
- wheat flour – 1¼ cups
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Unsalted melted butter – ¾ cup
- Ghee – ¼ cup
- Baking powder – ¼ tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Vanilla extract – ¼ tsp
How to make delicious ragi cookies
- Strain the flour, soda and baking powder together. Separate the coarse husk of Ragi after you have distilled the Ragi.
- Add the ghee and butter.
- Take the flour and add sugar and add the mixture of butter and knead the flour, so that you get a smooth texture.
- Now, preheat the oven on 170 °C and coat the baking tray with butter.
- Make small balls of the dough and then slightly flatten them.
- Take a fork and slightly pierce the cookies, so that the cookies don’t swell.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down.
- Store them in an air tight jar.
Image source: Getty
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Oct 18, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.