The ordeal of taking medications for an ailment like asthma can be a pain for a lifetime. With several precautions to be taken and medications to be followed, one has to be extremely careful to keep asthma attacks in control. It is essential to make sure that you always carry your inhalers for emergency situations. However, with everyone taking the path of holistic treatment, now several ayurvedic options are said to be equally effective to treat asthma.
There are several perils in Ayurveda that have actually shown extremely effective results on several symptoms of asthma. One of them being Shigru or Moringa Oleifera, this deciduous tree has smooth bark, dark greyish in colour and is surrounded by very thick cork. A native plant of India, this herb can be extensively found in the Himalayan region. To understand better, here are a few benefits of this herb:
- Shigru reduces the raised cholesterol levels and helps in maintaining the levels with regular use
- Soothes inflammation in the body,
- Highly effective for skin care and can be included in several DIY face masks for the skin
- Shigru provides great relief from constant and severe headaches
Also Read: Gooseberry: An Age-Old Ayurvedic Remedy
Boon For Asthma Patients
Asthma is a chronic disorder which happens due to excess of inflammation in the bronchial tubes. Several triggers like allergens, air, pet hair, dust pollens can lead to severe asthma attacks. It is essential to understand the various symptoms of an asthma attack for timely treatment. If left untreated, asthma attacks can also lead to deaths. The following symptoms can indicate acute cases of asthma:
- Tightness in the chest
- Short breath
Packed With Properties
The shigru herb is packed with anti-inflammatory properties, and mere rubbing of it on the chest can provide relief from chest congestion, cough and even wheezing. This herb can also be used in powdered form for skincare and haircare as well. This powerful ayurvedic herb has great properties, which provides instant relief from asthmatic symptoms.
Also Read: Treating PCOD with Ayurveda
Therapeutic Properties of Shigru
Following are a few therapeutic properties of this ‘magic’ herb as per Ayurveda
- Shigru has antibacterial properties, which helps in managing the bad and good bacteria levels in the body
- Anti-fungal in nature, shigru works best on skin problems related to seasonal changes
- Anti-inflammatory in nature, shigru helps in soothing the inflammation in the body for a healthy immune system.
- Anti-cancer in nature, continued consumption of shigru can help in preventing cancer
- Packed with properties, shigru helps in lowering the cholesterol levels in the body, making it a great fit for heart patients and diabetics.
- Packed with antioxidants, it is great for the skin and hair as well
- Anti-diabetic in nature, consumption of shigru can help prevent the chances of diabetes. It may not work effectively in those with a family history of diabetes.
- Stimulates immunity and keeps the body and mind healthy
Other health benefits:
- Lowers the risk of Alzheimer
- Lowers the risk of cataract
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Stimulates digestion
- Treats anaemia
This herb is also the best when it comes to supplementing your body and skin with the needed nutrients. Apart from treating chronic ailment like asthma, this herb is said to be the best for overall wellbeing.
Read more articles on Ayurveda