Most of us are aware of the different health advantages that green veggies can bring in to our daily diet. However, recent research has revealed that the colour black on your food plate can in fact be associated with several health advantages as such. Black coloured edibles are high in antioxidants and are known to manage serious illnesses such as cardiovascular problems, certain types of cancers and diabetes. As a result, dark grains, veggies and fruits have made their way into our plates, promising usgood health.
Foods that can bring the Colour Black on your Food plate
- Black Rice - Most of us are aware of the health benefits of brown rice. Black rice is considered even healthier. This is because the bran hulls are known to contain Vitamin E that boosts immunity and shields the cells from harm caused by free radicals. It is also known to contain a high percentage of anthocyanin antioxidant.
- Black Lentil - Black legumes are known for their high iron concentration, a cupful of which would make up for around 50% of the daily required intake of iron for women. They are also high in soluble fibre, which helps in managing cholesterol levels and improves functioning of the immune system.
- Blackberries - Blackberries should not only be favoured for their taste but also for multiple health benefits they bring along. The polyphenol content helps in managing age related cognitive disabilities better. This active ingredient helps in clearing up the cells, which are responsible for hampering brain functioning. Blackberries are also laden with fibre and can easily replenish a sizeable percentage of your daily quota.
- Black Beans - Include black beans to add colour black in your food plate and enjoy multiple health benefits. They are rich in bioflavonoid, which protects the cells of the body from cancerous growth.
- Black Soybeans - Black Soybeans are considered to be ideal option for reducing the risk of thrombosis, which is a deadly disease and involves clot formation. Furthermore, black soybean oil is known to possess high amounts of Alpha Linolenic Acid or ALA, which helps in managing cardiovascular ailments better.
- Black Tea - Along with green and white tea, Black tea is also laden with health advantages. It helps in treating muscular tenderness arising from strenuous workouts and is also known to manage cardiovascular illnesses.
These are some of the prominent choices to consider when planning to bring colour black on your food plate. A good assortment would help in stirring up a lip-smacking and complete meal, thereby providing comprehensive health benefits.
Read more articles on Healthy Eating