Some people complain of excessive hair loss which is not at all normal and must be given quick consideration.
Natural hair renewal process takes away 50 to 60 hair strands on daily basis. However, some people complain of excessive hair loss which is not at all normal and must be given quick consideration.
There are many causes of hair loss in men that lead to temporary or permanent hair loss. Let us see the main causes of hair loss in men.
Health Problems that can lead to Hair Loss
- Iron deficiency: In some of the cases lack of iron can produces hair loss. People who do not have enough amount of iron in their diets and those whose body may not fully absorb the iron present in diet. This problem can be easily detected in laboratory test and corrected by increasing iron intake.
- Drug side effects: Side-effect of some medications can lead to temporary hair loss in men. People who are going through treatment for arthritis, heart problems, high blood pressure, depression, blood thinner and gout can experience hair loss. Besides this, high dose of vitamin A can also lead to hair breakage.
- Thyroid: Underactive and overactive thyroid can also lead to hair loss. Hair loss due to thyroid disease can be reversed by proper treatment of the disease.
- Deficient diet: People who are on low protein diet or who have abnormal eating behaviour may develop protein malnutrition. In lack of protein body shifts the growing hair to resting phase, after few month hair fall starts. Main indicative signal of this type of hair fall is that hair can be easily pulled out by the roots. If you are on diet to lose weight or for any other reasons then make sure to consume adequate amount of proteins.
- Stress: Stress is one of the main causes of hair fall. It is evident from various studies that hair fall starts after 2 to 3 months of stressful events. In most of the cases it is temporary but in others it can trigger genetic hair loss.
Hormonal Cause of Hair Loss
The most common cause of hair loss in men is considered to be androgenetic alopecia. Also known as ‘male pattern baldness’, the problem is caused due to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) hormone on hair follicles. Front, top, and crown area of scalp are sensitive to DHT.
Hair Styling and Hair Loss
Chemical treatments used for hair styling such as bleaches, strengtheners, dyes, tints, relaxers and permanent wave are also linked to hair loss in men. This is especially true if products and procedure used are not safe.
Read more articles on Hair Loss.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.