To control the rising blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes, it is necessary to monitor it continuously. Some foods help keep blood sugar levels down, including some fruit. Type 2 diabetes is a situation in which a person's pancreas is unable to produce sufficient amounts of insulin, causing the blood sugar level to rise. It increases the risk of heart diseases and stroke if the blood sugar level is ignored or checked periodically. Although the heart is comforting, some changes in the diet can help keep blood sugar under control. Experts also say that if you include this famous fruit in your diet, then you can control the blood sugar level.
- Experts say that the elements found in grapes can reduce blood sugar levels. A study conducted for 16 weeks on 38 men found that individuals who ingested 20 grams of grape extract per day found less blood sugar than those in normal groups.
- Several research has found that resveratrol, an element found in grape skins, increases the sensitivity of insulin, which improves the glucose process in a person's body and reduces blood sugar levels. The findings of the study revealed that resveratrol increases the number of glucose receptors on cell members, which has a beneficial effect on blood sugar.
- According to the study, there is a common belief that people suffering from diabetes should not eat grapes because it contains sugar. Diabetes UK had expressed concern that the fruit contains sugar, which increases a person's blood glucose.
If you consume grapes regularly, you will never be a victim of diabetes because grapes contain ingredients that protect you from diabetes. Grape consumption prevents the risk of metabolic syndrome, an important factor of diabetes. Grape regulates glucose levels in the body. It has also been proved in researches that the risk of diabetes is much less in those who consume grapes regularly. According to research, people get benefit from eating fruits rich in phytochemical like grapes. Diabetes patients should include fruits with vitamins, minerals and fibre in their diet.
Grapes and diabetes
Half a cup of grapes gives you 52 calories. Grapes are naturally sweet and do not contain any sugar. Diabetics can eat other fruits like grapes which are naturally sweet (without any risk). Fibre is also found in red grapes, apart from this, a different type of carbohydrate is also found which does not increase the level of blood sugar. Glucose is found in the grape which is absorbed by the body through a chemical process. So after eating grapes you immediately feel energetic. Eating grapes on an empty stomach in the morning is considered more beneficial. Apart from diabetes, your heart is also healthy by consuming grapes and you can also avoid the problem of blood pressure. Heart disease and blood pressure in diabetes can prove to be very dangerous.
Other benefits of grapes
- Grapes are very beneficial for the brain. Children are often given grapes (by parents) to eat at the time of examination because it refreshes their mind and strengthens memory.
- Grapes have the power to fight against diseases like cancer. Eating grapes is recommended to control cancer.
- Grapes keep your heart healthy.
- Grape juice is quite beneficial in migraine.
- Grapes are also consumed in kidney disease. Grapes excrete toxic substances from the kidneys and liver.