Can shopping help relieve stress? Here's the answer!
- Stress is often accompanied by loss of interest.
- It increases positive affect to relieve stress.
- Don't engage too much to avoid financial and economical burden.
Stress is body’s response to the disrupting situation of life. Every day events such as difficult decisions, problem at work, with money and relationships can be some of the stemming grounds of stress. For managing stress one must learn to respond positively and engage in interesting activities.
Shopping is believed to be a great stress-buster for a stressed person. It increases positive affect and help to relieve stress. Somehow people have a belief that if they gather materialistic good they will feel better and while shopping for the goods a stressed individual strains themselves to the point where he is extraordinarily depressed and anxiousness.
Experts concur that if you are stressed than involvement in any activity of your interest is better than being ideal. So, if you enjoy shopping then it is the best thing you can do for relieving stress. By shopping you can bring positive emotions and regulate negative emotions and stress. Since stress is often accompanied by loss of interest, engaging in shopping can be a great relief.
If you want to go for shopping to relieving stress then ensure that you remember certain basics:
- Decide your budget.
- Make a list of the things you need to buy.
- Be efficient: Find out the best stores for saving the extra efforts.
- Consider online shopping: It is a relaxing alternate as you can shop from the comfort of your own home. You can get your favorite goods without rushing around. Online shopping helps you to avoid fighting crowds, messy places and dealing with rude sales persons as well.
Even though, shopping can bring relieve to stress but engaging in too much shopping is not advisable as this can lead to financial and economical burden.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Sep 26, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.