Ayurvedic Treatment for Nasal Congestion
- Sniffing heated ajwain helps cleaning the blocked nasal passage
- You could also inhale steam with camphor and ajwain
- Oregano oil is another remedy for nasal congestion
- Consume vitamin C to keep a check on your histamine levels
Nose block or nasal congestion is caused due to the inflammation of the blood vessels of the mucus membrane lining in the nose that causes an over secretion of mucus, obstructing the nasal passage. The effect of the condition varies from children to adults.
Drugs like acetaminophen, ibuprofen, antihistamines, and decongestants are usually recommended for nasal block. If an infant is unable to breathe because of a plugged nose, a nasal aspirator may be useful to remove the mucus. However, ayurvedic treatment for nose block has gained popularity because it is readily available and devoid of side effects. Ayurvedic treatment for nose block includes various ayurvedic remedies which are easy to adopt and are very effective too.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Nose Block
- One of the oldest and most reliable ayurvedic remedy for nasal block is the use of bishop's weed (ajwain).A small quantity of ajwain is tied in a clean cloth and this cloth is heated in a vessel and later sniffed. This helps in clearing the blocked passage
- A mixture of garlic juice, juice of holy basil, crushed pepper corns, clove and honey is also an effectual ayurvedic remedy for nasal bock
- Boil water with a few drops of camphor and ajwain and inhale the steam. Nasal steam inhalation for 5-10 min twice a day provides good results
- Sniff a mixture of two parts of ground witch hazel, one part of wild cherry bark and one part of white oak bark for prompt relief
- Oil of oregano is another ayurvedic remedy for nasal congestion .Two to three drops of oregano oil taken with juice is known to strengthen the body’s immune system also
- Intake of about 1000mg of vitamin C thrice a day keeps a check on the histamine levels and thus helps reduce nasal congestion
Lifestyle Changes for Nose Block
- Along with the above mentioned ayurvedic treatment for nose block, it is also recommended to incorporate certain life style changes
- People susceptible to cold should avoid cold water and should consume lukewarm water after meals
- They must also avoid exposure to cold winds and air conditioners
- They should keep their head and chest fully covered with woollen garments in winter season
- Intake of consume food items rich in vitamins and minerals to strengthen natural immunity
Image Source : Getty
Read more articles on Ayurveda.
For more related articles, Download OnlymyHealth App.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jun 04, 2018
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.