In Ayurveda, multiple sclerosis is seen as an energy disorder of the body. Ayurvedic treatment for Multiple sclerosis involves the removal of toxins and restoration of digestive fire with the use of herbal remedy.
Multiple sclerosis or MS is an autoimmune disease wherein the insulation of the nerve cell fibers of the brain and spinal cord are damaged, causing disturbances of the central nervous system. Symptoms depend on the part of nerve which has deteriorated. As a result, there is weakness or loss of control of limbs, recurring facial palsy and gradual loss in vision.
In Ayurveda, this condition is seen as an energy disorder of the body. Improper digestion and assimilation of food leads to the formation of toxins and their accumulation in the body. These toxins cause blockages and obstruct the movement of certain body energies, resulting in neuro-muscular disorders.
Ayurvedic treatment for Multiple sclerosis involves the removal of toxins and restoration of digestive fire with the use of herbal remedy. Proper diet and lifestyle changes are also recommended in addition to herbal concoctions to ensure proper functioning of the nervous system.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
- Elimination of the toxins from the tissues and prevention of the toxins from being accumulated through improvements in metabolism and digestion is the main aim of ayurvedic treatment for Multiple Sclerosis. Aloevera gel or aloevera juice is used for the detoxifying process and improving the metabolism of the patient suffering from multiple sclerosis. Moreover, natural vitamins and minerals present in aloevera strengthen the immune system.
- Green Tea has a huge potential in the prevention and treatment of neuro-degenerative diseases. A major component of green tea is epigallocatechnin-3-gallate (or ECGG). This has been found to inhibit T cells- immune cells that attack their own tissue.
- An important element of ayurvedic treatment in tackling MS is stress reduction therapies.Daily massage using herbal oils provides a soothing effect to the nervous system. The motion of massage creates heat and friction which in turn enhances circulation in the body. This herbal remedy cleanses and nourishes the tissues thereby speeding up the process of tissue development and repair.
- Multiple Sclerosis can be aggravated because of improper diet. Some foods can make Vata extremely active and exacerbate multiple sclerosis symptoms. Therefore, a diet of fruit and vegetables is advised by some ayurvedic experts as part of ayurvedic remedy for multiple sclerosis.
- Common avurvedic remedy for treatment of MS includes herbs such as Avenasativa, lavendulaangustifolia, passifloraincarnata, ,melissaofficinalis and St John’s Wort.
- Counseling can also relieve emotional stress. Psychological support is vital for MS patients to maintain a positive outlook and prevent feelings of hopelessness.
Ayurvedic treatment for multiple sclerosis takes a comprehensive approach in natural health care to remove the imbalances in the body. There are other complementary therapies that can help to reduce the symptoms of multiple sclerosis. These include homeopathy, acupuncture and acupressure. It is also important to incorporate lifestyle changes such as a healthy diet, exercise and proper rest as much as possible in order to deal with the problem of multiple sclerosis.
Read more articles on Ayurveda
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.