Here are some ayurvedic home remedies to aid bloating, stomach pain and nausea after eating
Have you ever felt as if your stomach is heavily stuffed or swollen after eating? We tend to eat the right amount as usual, but still feel heavy from inside; as if we are already full. This situation is known as bloating. Bloating may be caused due to various factors. To name a few, the accumulation of gas, constipation, overeating, weight gain, menstruation or maybe infection are some of the causes that might cause an individual’s belly to bloat or get swollen.
Bloating can sometimes be painful as well. When the abdomen fills up with air (gas), that is the time when we feel heavy and full and this gas causes imbalances in the body. There might be chest pain, pain the hip area, pain in the shoulders and many more. Serious care and concern should be taken to eliminate the discomforting pain.
Diagnosis and Treatment
Bloating can be prevented and avoided. If the condition is acute then certain home remedies can be followed to reduce the effects of the condition. However, if the condition has been prevailing for a long period of time, then professional help will be suggested.
Ayurveda, an ancient healing science has solutions to overcome the situation and that too in the most natural way possible. Ayurveda says that our kitchen has the answer to all our health issues. As per this holistic science, Agni (fire) is the source of life. Indigestion, bloating, acid reflux or be it constipation, Ayurveda has it all secured and protected. The harmful foods that we eat, the chemicals that get inside the body does not allow the food to get properly digested which in turn forms residues inside the body known as ‘ama’ (toxins). This further aggravates the condition and leads to conditions like bloating.
- Drinking warm water is one of the most basic remedies that help to cure bloating. According to Ayurveda, warm water can not only help to bloat but also soothe the stomach from any other disturbing conditions. It helps to get rid of the residues and toxins inside our body and allows our body to flush out the impurities.
- A decoction of fennel seeds, ginger is beneficial to cure bloating too. 1 tbsp of fennel seeds are to be toasted and then mixed with one cup of boiling water. After mixing, add few slices of ginger to it. Drinking this mixture after a meal helps to flatten the swollen stomach.
- Asafoetida (Hing) is a wonder spice that is very beneficial in any kind of stomach disorder. Boiling 100 gms of asafoetida with 200 ml of water gives instant relief to the stomach. Powdered fennel seeds can be mixed along with this decoction and the water needs to be boiled to a time when the water does not get reduced to 100 ml again.
- Ayurveda recommends eating seasonal fruits and vegetables on a regular basis. This is not only important as per the environment but also helps to aid digestion. Our body needs to be treated according to the weather.
- Adding turmeric to our diet can be of great help to de-bloat the stomach. It has healing properties and is also beneficial to protect our liver and digestive tract.
Ayurveda thus helps the human mind and body to attain the perfect healthy regime in a natural way. Follow Ayurveda and let your senses breathe amidst nature.
(With inputs from Abhilash K Ramesh. He is an Executive director of Kairali Ayurvedic Group)
Read more articles on Ayurveda
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.