Ayurveda suggests the use of herbs and home remedies for curing tonsillitis. Ayurvedic cure for tonsillitis is a sure and effective method of treatment.
Tonsils are usually considered a useless pair of organs that serve no function. However, that is a myth. Tonsils are the infection fighters of our body and they prevent us from catching bacterial and viral infection. However, sometimes bacteria can find its way into the tonsil leading to the condition titled tonsillitis. Tonsillitis is usually cured with allopathy and surgery, but ayurvedic cures for tonsillitis have proven to be very effective. In ayurveda, the cure for tonsillitis is such that it fights the condition from its roots and fortifies the body against further attacks.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Tonsillitis
- Khaadiraati vati is an excellent remedy for tonsillitis which is kept in the mouth and chewed slowly. It is available in tablet form and can be taken up to 6 times in a day.
- Tundikeri ras is a tablet which when taken thrice in a day for a period between 4 – 6 weeks is known to give permanent relief from tonsillitis.
- If someone is facing extreme difficulties due to symptoms related with tonsillitis, s/he can take sitopalaadi choorna mixed with ghee and honey on a daily basis. Ayurvedic practitioners are of the opinion that each dose of this ayurvedic cure should measure about 3 grams for effective cure.
- In case of chronic tonsillitis which is painful, agastya rasayana is prescribed to patients. This ayurvedic cure for tonsillitis should be with honey. Experts are of the opinion that this ayurvedic medicine should be continued for a continued period of 6 months in order to prevent further attacks. Discontinuation of the medicine immediately after symptoms disappear will render it ineffective.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Tonsillitis
- The bark of babul (acacia) is considered beneficial for tonsillitis. You can prepare a decoction of the bark and give it to the patient. However, is not considered suitable for children below the age of 8.
- Gargling with salt warm water is a tried and tested ayurvedic home remedy for tonsillitis. One can also gargle with water in which fenugreek seeds have been boiled for relief.
- Drinking tea with honey soothes the throat and provides relief from the symptoms of tonsillitis.
- Hot fomentation on the front of the neck for about two to three times during the day can help in decongestion.
- Mixing alum in hot water and then gargling with it is known to be effective for the cure of tonsillitis.
- A mixture made with milk, holy basil, lime and fenugreek seeds should be given to the patients for curing tonsillitis.
- A sticky concoction made with honey, dacha, vast and karajan can provide relief in case of acute tonsillitis.
- Camomile tea has enormous benefits and when made with honey and lemon can provide relief from the pain associated with tonsillitis.
- Another ayurvedic home remedy for tonsillitis is cutting a lemon into half and then pressing salt and black pepper into it. Heat the lemon and then suck on it till no juice is left.
Tonsillitis primarily afflicts children. Therefore, make sure that your child maintains good hygiene in order to avert bacterial attacks. Also make sure that the person suffering from tonsillitis stays away from hot and spicy foods in order to prevent throat irritation and further inflammation.
Image courtesy: Getty Images
Read More Articles on Ayurvedic Cure.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.